Done!  

Posted by Amber

I made it....I'm done with school! Instead of one last class, I ended up with two (did I mention that Fs really are Es at UVU? because they are..)

Clinical Research was a great class. Everything was about our research projects, so we didn't even go to class most of the time. Then, we finished our final paper a week or two before the end of the semester, so that class was over. Cameron has finally posted grades, and my group got a 95% A.

Then in Infancy and Childhood Development, I had 90 something scores on the first two tests. I was worried about my paper. (I hate papers...as you all well know by now. Finding sources is the worst part.) It was due a week before the semester ended, on a Wednesday. I was supposed to work the Tuesday before, but there wasn't much work, so I got the day off. It was such a good thing, too! Bhuvan and I printed off some more articles and then went outside to read them - I got sunburned, but it's healed now... With having the whole day off, I managed to crank out a paper just over 8 pages. I figured that wouldn't be good enough since Russell had said the papers that had already been turned in and were getting As had like 13-15 sources (I think I had 8 or 9..), and he'd mentioned the paper should be 10 or more pages. Fortunately for me, he graded based off what was in the syllabus (8-10 pages). He said the length was just barely long enough. Needless to say, while I was hoping for a C, I got 100%!

He handed our papers back on the second to last class of the semester (the following Monday). He also handed out the final to be take-home. He read a sizeable list of names of people to stay after class because he had to talk to us about something. Well, my name was on that list. Bless his heart, he said that we all had high enough grades that he was waiving our final, so we didn't have to take it. (Sorry, Russell, but it's too good of news not to share! At least I didn't put it on FB.) So while I was expecting to stress over one more test then be done, I got a little graduation present. Even more anticlimactic than finishing off with a test (the final wasn't comprehensive), it felt really nice to just be done with no stress.

So I just checked UVLink, and grades are officially posted. I officially got As in both my classes this semester. Woot! However, my graduation status is still only "applied." No diploma mailed yet. That is okay though, because I know that it will be on its way!

I guess the real question is.... now what? :)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at Tuesday, June 30, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Congrats on A grades. That is exciting!

June 30, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Post a Comment