Pioneer day  

Posted by Amber

Yay for not being in parades! They aren't half bad when you get to watch. Especially if you have kids. Kids are so dang cute! I took the morning off of work to go watch the parade and then hang with my mom's side of the family at our now traditional bbq after the parade. Usually (I think), a lot more of my family attend the parade. Well this year, I parked at my cousin Tammy's as they were getting ready to go. It was Tammy, my aunt Chris, and Angie's three kids (Kaitlyn, Cambria, & Milton). It was cool. Guess who we ended up next to? Hmm, Shawn and Darren. How funny! So I chatted with them quite a bit. My uncle David and his two kids, Benjamin and Rebecca, also showed up part way through. My Grandpa Wilson was in the parade with the American Legion as well, which I didn't know was happening. I totally was going to take my camera....but I left it home :( Bad things happen when you're in a hurry. Poor White Peaks looked kinda small, but they sounded alright. It was only them and the Payson High School Pipe Band in the parade. (Days of '47 is in Salt Lake, so the northern bands do that - suckers, I hear it's a killer.) Usually Timpanogos makes an appearance at Spanish Fork, but no such luck.

Part way through the parade, Kaitlyn came over and sat on my lap. She's so cute! She's all, "Amber, it's been a long time since we've seen you." I'm pretty sure she had to ask Tammy or Chris what my name was - that's how often we see Angie's family. And they have been so little! So she chatted away while we watched the end of the parade. Near the end, she asked if it was over because she was tired of watching. So cute!

Anyway, after the parade, we walked back to Tammy's to relax before the bbq. I got to play with the kids some more and chat with Tammy - which we don't normally talk (or see each other, I might add). It was fun. The kids made birthday cards for their grandpa (my uncle Mike...one of my uncles Mike...) It was then that I noticed Angie's Kaitlyn was spelled that way.... I must say that I'd decided on that name with the exact spelling for if I ever get a girl. I came by it on my own... so Ange, if I do ever get pregnant and do have a girl, don't feel I'm name stealing! (K, now I probably would never name my daughter Kaitlyn since it would be the exact same as her second cousin...but I just wanted to point this out.)

Around 1pm, the rest of the fam began to show up. Grandma and Grandpa Wilson and Steven were first. Lloyd and Debbie showed up a little after that. Then eventually the Beardalls and David and Edna arrived. (The Wilson side is notorious for being late - some more so than others...) I was just excited I had enough time for some lunch before I had to go to work. :) It was way fun to hang out with my family. It seems to get harder and harder to get everyone together as the grandkids continue to get older. Sigh. And to think, I'm not going to the reunion either. :p Work officially sucks (Matt's, not mine - stupid no saturdays off....)

This entry was posted on Monday, July 27, 2009 at Monday, July 27, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Sounds like a lot of fun! I still don't like parades. Whether I am in them or not. After so many years of marching, parades are just full of bad memories of dehydration and soreness.

July 28, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Post a Comment