Over Labor Day weekend, Matt and I went with the band down to Pleasanton, CA for the Scottish Festival there. I was excited as I'd never been, and it is supposed to be a huge games.
Initially, I was planning on working Thursday and just leaving a few hours early to take the company car back and finish packing. However, by the time Wednesday evening/Thursday morning rolled around, I was feeling slightly overwhelmed at getting everything done. Mostly because I only found out on Wednesday what time we had to leave on Friday :p Fortunately, work only had one project going, so they didn't need me, and I took the day off to get ready.
I contemplated not sleeping at all, but we did end up sleeping for about three hours before getting up and finishing packing and driving to Bountiful. We left at about 2:40am from Payson in order to be in Bountiful to meet the band and be ready to go at 4am. Ugh. Matt's parents were kind enough to watch Mocha for us, and I took her over there Thursday evening. They also came and fed the bird and the cat at our house. Yay for family who live closeby :)
Wasatch is pretty cool in that they rent vehicles to take on trips. There were six of us in our minivan. And, even though it was a Chrysler Town and Country - it was pretty decked out. I had to pull out the manual to figure out what all of the buttons on the steering wheel were and to figure out how to make the air control work right for the back. Only thing was we had satellite radio, but not satellite navigation :) Also cool about Wasatch is that they not only give you the directions to where you're going, but they list who is in which vehicle and phone numbers so you can get in touch with the other cars in your group to schedule things like food and potty breaks :)
Our drive down was pretty unexciting. Matt took first shift, and refused to let me sleep so I could help keep him awake. When Kim took over, I tried to doze off, but we ended up chatting with Janna about babies and stuff. Needless to say, I didn't sleep one bit on the drive there. We stayed at the Hyatt Place in Dublin, CA, and it was pretty sweet. Apparently pretty sweet accommodations are also the norm. This band is great ;) Wasatch does a "flash practice" when they get to the hotel, but since Ross was flying in, it took awhile before flash happened. It was pretty chilly Friday night as well, so I snapped a few pics when the drummers started flash and went back upstairs to relax. Okay, I really got snagged by Kylene and met some more people in the band and chatted for a long while before making it back upstairs, but still....
Funny story - apparently the band got kicked out of the parking lot by the complex security. The hotel manager apparently was pretty upset about that and had a little chat with them. Oh well, it just meant we got to go to dinner 5 minutes earlier. We went with Kylene, Dan, Mike, Nick, and Callin to a Chinese place just down the road. It was pretty good. Although, I'm not really a Chinese fan. After dinner, it was mandatory that we stop by The Happy Mantis Lounge to make an appearance at Glitter Fest. We stayed long enough to get some drinks and chat for a minute before heading back to our room.
After we left Glitter Fest - the snares decided they needed to play even more. (Umm, yeah, they did that before flash too - I don't quite understand it :)) This worked out perfectly for me as I was dead tired. I took a nice hot shower and got ready for bed. I was just about done when Matt got back home and we could finally sleep :)





