Andrew's Clinic Stay According to Facebook - Week 6  

Posted by Amber

Last week!

Monday, April 20, 2015 at 4:01pm
How one pumps in the nursery, behind a coat screen and wearing a coat, mask, and hair net tucked in the corner.


Monday, April 20, 2015 at 4:06pm
Good news, the 3pm feed went well today with no nurse intervention. I think we're starting to learn Andrew's cues. Also, they didn't make him finish the last 1 to 2 ml, so that helped because he was so done. It was quieter than the last two days at 3pm though. Hopefully 6pm and 9pm go well again today. We may just bring him home this week after all smile emoticon
 Monday, April 20, 2015 at 7:25pm
6pm feeding went well. Andrew finished the bottle this time. It maybe helped that this one was caffeinated wink emoticon Hopefully 9pm goes well too.

Monday, April 20, 2015 at 10:43pm
This little rockstar ate his 9pm bottle in 25 minutes! Here's hoping tomorrow is as good or better. Unfortunately, I was left to put my pump back together tonight after it was cleaned and I left a piece that I didn't even know could come off. Now Matt is headed back to the clinic to pick it up. Oops.


Monday, April 20, 2015 at 10:44pm


Monday, April 20, 2015 at 10:45pm
Oh the faces kids pull smile emoticon




Monday, April 20, 2015 at 10:46pm
Andrew is not amused. smile emoticon


Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 11:11pm
Went 6 hours between my first and second pumping today....plus side, Henlie and I now have our carnets. Glad we hadn't brought Andrew home yet.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 12:04pm
Unless something has changed today, we will be bringing Andrew home tomorrow. It's exciting and a little scary, but thanks to a lovely chat with Kristi, I feel much better now smile emoticon

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 8:18pm
Pretty excited to not have to hang out at the clinic for hours starting tomorrow.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 8:20pm
The nurse tonight offered to take pictures of me and the other momma who are always there feeding our babies.


Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 8:21pm


Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 8:21pm
During his 6pm feeding tonight.


Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 8:22pm


Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 8:23pm
A little gift with some advertising.


Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 8:01am
Andrew comes home today!

Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 10:36am
Learned today that Dr. Quispe wanted to deliver Andrew vaginally, but bleeding aside, his arm was in the way. In other news, my uterus is all set for baby #3. Haha
But really, I'm cleared for normal activity again. Woot. Guess I need to get the post partum yoga video out again. smile emoticon

From Matt
Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 10:39am
My view for the next while until they finish the accounting on my kid so we can go home.


Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 1:16pm
Their first meeting....both asleep.


And that is that. We made it home from the clinic in one piece. (Hi, we don't use car seats here, mostly because we didn't want to buy an infant carrier and also, we take taxis :)) The whole experience was a rollercoaster ride, but I'm grateful for the care Andrew received there. I believe this was part of the Plan all along, we just didn't know it. That gave me some peace. I knew he would be alright, although it was terrifying at times. Now, a little over two months later, Andrew is doing great and growing up. The NICU nurses were so nice, and they just love Andrew and Henlie. One of the nurses affectionately calls Andrew "Gringo." You can get away with that when he's the only white kid lol. Shout outs to Janet (lead nurse), Edith (super friendly), Doris (first we found who spoke some English), Jeanette, and Lourdes (who also spoke some English).

While I'm super grateful for them keeping my kid alive his first 39 days and helping me keep him alive on a bottle when he first came home, I'm also super glad to be done with going to the clinic :) Now we just stop by after pediatrician visits to say hi. It's a much happier situation :) 

This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at Wednesday, July 01, 2015 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Now that he's plumping up a little I can see a resemblance between him and Henlie. Definitely related! Happy, happy day that he got to go home and you had no more loooooong waits at the clinic so you could visit him! Hope he's still thriving and you're surviving.

July 1, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Post a Comment