Little Tidbits - Part 23  

Posted by Amber in , , , ,

07 01 15 - We finally made it over to Migraciones to get Andrew's Peruvian passport.
Peru wins for passports. 
It's like <$15 and they print it right then and there.
Also, the office was under an ovalo (round-about), which I thought was a fun use of space :)


07 01 15 - Picture comparison of Andrew's passports.


07 01 15 - Carmela, Leslie, and Sebastian came to visit and see Andrew.
Here, Carmela is holding Andrew.


07 02 15 - Henlie put lots of stickers on her mouth...

07 03 15 - Henlie calls a frowny face a "brownie" face.


07 03 15 - Matt has taught Henlie how to be a turtle from Finding Nemo :)


07 03 15 - Andrew's watching his soccer team. :)


07 05 15 - Andrew wanted to know what Daddy was eating. (It was Chinese food.)

07 05 15 - I sat down to nurse Andrew and Matt asked Henlie, "Do you think Baby Brother will be quiet now?" She answered, "No, babies aren't quiet. They have a lot of cry."


07 06 15 - Sad baby.

07 07 15 - Henlie told me she wanted her own phone.
(You see, neither Mom nor Dad would let her play on theirs at the time :) Can't fault her logic.)


07 09 15 - Andrew trying out Sister's stroller.


07 11 15 - We went shopping for gifts before our trip to Utah.
Matt had to try on this mask he got for Garth :)


07 11 15 - Nutella Joker!


07 12 15 - Daddy can pick up both kiddos at the same time!


07 12 15 - Henlie had to try stuff on too.
Mask for Devan, Mask for Garth, Headband for her


07 12 15 - It was a Sunday, and Henlie wanted to look at the flowers outside of the church. Only, Andres was parked on the side without flowers, so Matt and Henlie left to look at flowers for a minute. Andres wanted to hold Andrew while we waited :)
This was the same Sunday that Andrew went through three outfits over the course of three-hour church.


07 13 15 - Henlie fell asleep nekkid with a fish in her mouth lol


07 14 15 - Henlie taking Piglet's temperature.

07 15 15 - From Facebook
Andrew weighs 4.35 kg or 9 lb 9 oz today. He also got another shot and an oral vaccine. He was freaking out about having his leg restrained and prepped almost as much as the actual shot, but he did fabulous. Dr. Meiggs is happy with his progress. Andrew is working at holding his head up, he can hang out and be content sometimes, and he coos. He has even social smiled....for tía Holly anyway. smile emoticon


07 15 15 - To this point, I'd never given Andrew any pain meds after vaccinations. I just let him sleep and nurse extra, and he has handled them well. This time, in the evening after Henlie was asleep, he was acting like maybe it was hurting. He wasn't staying latched to nurse, so we decided to give him some Tylenol we had brought from the States. Only problem was I didn't know the dose since they don't put such small people's doses on the packaging, so I had to look it up.

Well, I was also doing the dishes, and he was screaming, so I was just trying to get him some meds, and I read the chart wrong. Matt even said it looked like a lot, but I said that was what the chart said. So I gave him the Tylenol and finished the dishes. Then I double checked the chart, and I'd given him 4 times the dose. So then I looked up acetaminophine poisoning and determined we should take him in just to be safe.

In Peru, there is a separate pediatric ER, which is kind of nice. They keep it super warm, too. I didn't take a picture, but above Andrew's bed, there is a mural on the ceiling for the kids to look at. Basically, the doc looked up the charts and said it wasn't a lethal dose and it probably wouldn't do damage to his liver, either. We did, however, have to stay for a few hours so they could monitor his temperature to make sure it didn't dip too low.

07 15 15 - Ok, technically the 16th because it was like 12:20am, but they both fell asleep waiting to be told we could go home. It was such a scary thing, and even worse knowing it was all my fault. Fortunately, Andrew is okay and nothing adverse should linger from the experience.

This entry was posted on Saturday, September 12, 2015 at Saturday, September 12, 2015 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment