It is okay, we did not die, fall in a hole, get lost, take an exotic vacation, or anything else nearly as exciting. We have, however, had quite a ride on the emotional rollercoaster of life. :)
Condo - done. Finished. Pretty. For ages.
Loan - fail.
New loan - should hear back this week *crosses fingers*
So, some of you are probably confused now. That is because I've not felt like posting this to the world for awhile. I've been meaning to post for a week or two now, but haven't found time since I lately only get on the computer during breakfast. Since I'm always late to work anyway, I thought it wise not to make things worse by trying to blog during that time. (The days I try to catch up on the blogs I read usually put me an extra 5-10 minutes behind - I'm horrible, I know.)
Okay, so we got to do our final walkthrough of the condo at the end of April. They were then going to do the touchups/fixes and clean - and it would be ready as soon as we closed. :) Well, then we had loan issues. A - Chase is stupid. With the rural housing loan, we had to include a portion of our student loans, even the deferred ones. Between that and the way they figured our income (a three year average for two 20 somethings who have worked little hours while going to school or changed jobs and so have had varying pay rates doesn't work out so well), our debt to income ratio was too high - no loan. Not that it mattered anyway because apparently rural housing was out of money about that time too. So much for that.
Next - FHA loan. Matt was quite resistant. Finally I found out why (umm, he dropped two classes during the semester without telling me, leaving him like 7 credits - and he was pretty sure he failed a class - leaving 4 credits, which is not half time - the required amount to keep your loans deferred), so we still had to include student loans. Oh the joy. Well, we figured, "What's the point?" Especially if our income was figured in the same way. So we didn't do anything for a week or two. We started looking for pet-friendly apartments instead. :( We (I) decided to still give it a shot though, because you never know. Before doing that, we wanted to ask some questions of the mortgage guy so we knew if it was worth attempting . . . but we couldn't get ahold of him.
We decided to look at some apartments, and that very day I was going to call on some, low and behold, mortgage guy finally calls back. He answers my questions sufficiently, so we signed the FHA papers and got him the necessary documentation for everything - again. Needless to say, we didn't look at apartments.
THEN, since Matt's student loans are in grace after this semester, we needed to get the estimated payment amounts for his loans from each lender. Wells Fargo was easy enough. UHEAA sent a fax in a timely manner. FedLoan, on the other hand, sure struggled with sending a simple email. Matt called a couple days later, and it was in "verification" and they said we should have the email within 24 hours. We didn't. The next day, Matt was going to call again, but the email finally showed up. So everything was in. We thought.
My pay had dramatically increased, so I needed to explain why (I graduated, therefore freeing up my life to be able to work 40 hours a week - shoot me now) and I also had to show when I graduated. Did that - mortgage guy wanted it revised. :p Yay for my smart phone - because I had to get my email with the attachment on the road (we went to the aquarium - perhaps that will be the next post), open it, retype the letter (good thing it was short), and send it back. I wouldn't want to do that frequently, but it sure was handy to have that capability on my phone. All done!
Okay, not really (I'm never buying a house again...) One last thing - they needed to pull our credit again showing the cars were paid off. That, or show documentation for Matt's parents paying off his car to add to our first credit pull. Matt opted to just pull it again because it was easier and we don't anticipate needing to use our score for anything in the near future after this. So we did that - and then had to sign the credit disclosure (my score is pretty dang good :) - Matt's . . . . is okay. I know it's not your fault, hun :) ) and we had to sign the FHA addendum to the purchase contract. So we did all that yesterday and it went to the underwriter. Now we are just waiting to hear. Asked loan guy today, said he'd see what he could find out . . . and we heard nothing back. He's getting another text tomorrow :) And that is where we're at.
It's late, and Matt's still not home from band. Maybe I'll post about the aquarium now....
This entry was posted
on Thursday, May 27, 2010
at Thursday, May 27, 2010
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.
