Hmm, so 30 minutes have elapsed since I posted the condo update, and still no Matt....and he's not responding to text or call. After checking in on some of the private blogs (that are so hard for me to follow because they don't update in my blogger feed), I suppose I will post about the aquarium.
Two weeks ago, I decided we were going to the zoo. Matt agreed (though I don't think he felt like he had a choice). We hadn't been in awhile, and it was supposed to be the first nice weekend all year (or so it seemed). However, Matt gave himself a nasty carpet burn, and didn't feel like going - and we slept in. Around lunchtime (like maybe 1pm or 2pm?), we decided to make the stupid US Bank card payment (I hate that card - one day it will be paid off and the card will be in a block of ice in the freezer) and go get some lunch. It was a little bit late for the zoo, but we saw a billboard for the penguins at the aquarium. So, using my nifty new phone and data plan, I looked it up and found their hours were later than the zoo's (and the price was the same), so we decided to go to Sandy instead. The only other time we had been was on our honeymoon, and it was kind of lame. However, we figured 2.5 years later and the addition of the penguins made it worth going again. This time, it was lots better :)
We arrived in time for the shark feeding. That part was actually kind of lame, but a nerdy worker was there telling us about the sharks and other fish in the tank with them, so that was fun. Then said nerdy worker informed us of their rainforest educational thing happening like 15 minutes later, so we headed over there to get seats. Matt was super excited to see the birds at the aquarium :) He's a total bird-lover. So we learned about some rainforest creatures (hissing cockroach, tarantula, snake, a green bird that I don't remember its name, an African gray, a blue and gold mackaw, and a scarlet mackaw).
Us before the rainforest lecture
(Don't blow it up - it's super fuzzy)
Dusty, the African Gray
After that, we decided to actually do the walkthrough of the aquarium, starting with the boring Utah fish. I wanted to get Matt's picture with the frog statue, but every time it would free up for a millisecond, some other little kid was playing on it or getting their picture taken. We gave up and moved on. The jellies and seahorses are still probably my favorites, aside from the ray pool :).
These have NOT been enhanced - just straight from the phone.
We hung out at the ray pool for awhile until I'd had my fill of the soft, squishy creatures. Then we moved over to the other touchy-feely creatures, where nerdy worker had moved to - he was so funny! So I got to touch a sea star and some other stuff that I don't remember :)
Then it was on to the new South American portion - with a giant anaconda to greet you. :p The penguins were so much fun to watch. Matt's favorite was watching them poop underwater because it would sort of create a cloud. He laughed every time. I took some video on my phone, but the format (mpg4) doesn't like me :p, so I can only play it on my phone. (I had forgotten my camera entirely, so all of my pics are with my phone, but it's not too shabby for being a camera phone :)) Then we made the stop at the gift shop, where we didn't buy anything (as per usual), checked out the penguins again (less crowd), and headed back home. It was a pretty fun day.
This entry was posted
on Thursday, May 27, 2010
at Thursday, May 27, 2010
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.








