About time, eh?  

Posted by Amber

Look! I post! YAY!  I know you've all been dying to know what's happened since August.  Okay, I'll be honest, you've probably all forgotten I even have a blog ('cept you, Heather :))  While I'm being honest, I'll mention that the only real reason you're even getting a post is because I've given up on work's internet policy and am posting while I should be editing. (Everyone breaks the rules pretty much - so I don't feel too bad.  At least I'm not watching videos or listening to Pandora.)

Now the problem is I have to remember what has happened since August..... Well, the band went to Jackson Hole.  Even though I've quit the band, Matt still plays (and is now drum sergeant - don't know if I mentioned that or not :)), so I tag along on the trips because they're fun :)  Thanks to WUSPBA, I can tell you the band took 2nd in Quick March Medley and 4th in Timed Medley.  I particularly enjoyed Jackson this year (aside from not playing and not being frozen in rain) because our dear friend Andrew was one of the judges. :) Thanks to Shawn and Darren for driving us and sharing a room - we had a party :)

September . . . that means Labor Day and Payson's Onion Days.  I dropped Matt off and then drove down to the end of the route and watched most of the parade, until White Peaks finished.  I believe we had pizza at Matt's parents' house.  Other than that, I'm at a loss.

October - Ventura! Woot! I love going somewhere warm when it is cold here.  Actually, fall has been pretty mild, so it wasn't that bad, but it was warmer in Ventura :)  Seaside Highland Games.  Another one of those band trips I tagged along on.  We didn't think this time and so Shawn and Darren and us didn't share a room.  They did, however, drive again.  I miss going to California. :(  It was a super fun trip.  Salt Lake Scots went down as well, so we had friends.  We also got to see our friend Aaron Mars with his band Cameron Highlanders.  Yay for seeing friends again :)  Ed was there judging, too.  SL Scots took first in Timed Medley and QMM :)  White Peaks took 4th in Timed and 5th in QMM.  I have pictures from my phone, but they need to be enhanced since my phone doesn't have flash :(  Also, I'm still not at home, but maybe the next post will have pics.  Don was excited that the band was led by Jason Paguio - the current world champion drum major. Other highlights - the hot tub at the hotel! (I wish our HOA had ours open...) Also, seeing the ocean - oh! and shout out to Jim Hull - the Wicked Tinkers' sales guy - whom I spent a good while chatting with about vampires.  Check out his book: A Vampire in Free Fall.  I bought his book Saturday and had it finished by Sunday.


*Side note* I'm pretty amazed with my linking abilities - everyone's getting advertising today, aren't they?  Go me!


*Another side note* One of my co-workers severely annoys me......grrrrrrrrr.


So, that leaves us with Halloween.  I ♥ Halloween.  Stupid Halloween was on a Sunday, though.  I did decide to dress up for work Friday.  Yes, there are pics of that too at home.  We handed out candy on Saturday to those who didn't go to our ward Halloween party. (I'm so against those.)  We also got one family from our ward who came around on Sunday.  Yay for condo living.  I love handing out candy, and I absolutely love that we actually got trick-or-treaters this year!


So on to November . . . I actually have events for November. Yay for putting stuff in the calendar on my phone.  First - primary program.  One of the easier programs for the teachers I think.  Downside?  They had the brilliant idea the kids would sing the prelude music.  So . . . we had to be there early and then sit on the stand with the kids through opening exercises and the sacrament.  My poor 4 and 5 year olds were tired by the end of it - and then we still had 2 hours of primary to do!  However, the kids did well.


Next, Turk got to stay at the vet overnight.  He stopped eating well and started acting sick, so we gave him seeds because he would still eat those.  (He's a freaking seed junkie.)  He ate well for awhile, but then he stopped eating anything and was all poofed and his droppings changed, so we drove up to Centerville to see Dr. Folland.  Apparently the little bum gorged himself on seeds and filled his crop way too full.  Fortunately, it was nothing more serious than that.  He stayed overnight and I picked him up the next day.  Now he gets limited amounts of seeds throughout the day, but has access to his pellets always.  He eats both, but he doesn't eat enough pellets to stay healthy.  The little booger.


My cousin Matt got sealed in the Manti temple on Nov. 19.  I was able to go to the sealing.  I went down with my aunt, a cousin, and my grandparents.  It was fun because I don't normally sit and chat with Tammy.  We had fun.  We also saw lots of hawks ;)  The sealing was beautiful (aren't they all?)  However, I realized that our family is a bunch of cry-babies.  I was fine until the sealer brought up the fact the ceremony is performed in front of angels as well.... ugh.  Matt's sister Kari was able to be there with him, and that was awesome.  I thought it was funny that Matt cried, but Holly (his wife) didn't. :)  Of course we did pictures afterward and it was cold!  The poor couple was out much longer than we were, though.  We also had the luncheon at the Manti House.  It was pretty yummy and we sat with some of Holly's aunts and an uncle.  Can I just say that it really is a small world?  Good times, though.  My Matt worked in the morning, so he wasn't able to go, but we did go to the reception together.  It was good fun and we got to visit with lots of family.  We're happy to have Holly as part of the family, too. :)  (Yes, I have pictures.  Yes, they are on my phone....)


Oh! I got to go to breakfast with one of my boys from the RTC.  The family he is living with now just moved to Georgia, so we decided we should do something before he left.  It made me happy to catch up with him.  He's doing so well. :)

Right - so this brings us to Thanksgiving.  We did dinner at Matt's parents' and his mom's side of the family, and then we went to Grandma Wilson's for dessert.  Rebecca's birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year, so we had a little birthday party for her afterward too.  Koreen and I then looked through the ads in preparation of Black Friday. :D

Black Friday . . . yes, I shopped. I have been anticipating it for at least a month now.  I went to Walmart at 2am.  I intended to price match some stuff, but the major thing, the Wii Fit Plus with balance board, was already gone.  I got some other stuff though.  Fortunately, my awesome aunt went to Target and was able to get a Fit for me and her.  Guess I should have just driven to Orem in the first place.  Oh well.  That finished off my Christmas shopping.  I did a lot online this year, and I'm a huge fan!  I'm still waiting for one thing that shipped Thanksgiving weekend, and I need some stocking stuffers still, but everything else is done! I'm so proud of myself. :)


I believe that brings everyone up-to-date on these last few months.  Maybe I'll actually blog since I don't care about doing it at work now :)  Plus, I need to post pictures - good thing it's the weekend.

This entry was posted on Friday, December 3, 2010 at Friday, December 03, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Nice to see an update. Sounds like you are enjoying life. Good for you! I too, am almost done with Christmas shopping, and yes, I was one of the crazy people on Black Friday as well. It is such a rush of excitement, and I feel like I'm on a mission each year for that crazy day. Good times.

December 4, 2010 at 10:29 AM
Anonymous  

Yay for posting again!! Now maybe I'll catch up on mine.... ;)

December 7, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Post a Comment