Red, White, and Blue  

Posted by Amber

For the 4th of July, Matt, as per tradition, got to march in the Provo Freedom Festival parade.  After finally finding the lot where they were letting us park (oh, and that was after like a 20 minute wait at Sonic so I could have some breakfast....) we hung out with the band for awhile.  At about 9:15am, I headed out into the crowd to find somewhere to put my chair, which I found a few blocks down from Provo High.  I missed the beginning of the parade, but I didn't really care.  I enjoyed the rest of the parade and even took some pictures of the band as they went past.  However, there were many rows of people in front of me, and I only took 8 pictures, so here are just a few.




Also, some of you may notice I have a new background and header.  I figured it had been quite a bit of time since I had updated it, so I got some new 4th of July stuff and put this together.  The plaid paper in the background is my own design, which I'm quite pleased with, even though it took awhile to create :-S.

After the parade, we came home, where Matt showered and took a nap :) In the evening, we headed back to Provo where Shades of Brown was playing in the spot right before Nathan Osmond.  We got there early, and I ran into someone I went to high school with.  We chatted a bit and I got to meet her cute family in person. (I'm a follower of her blog....)  After that, we had to figure out where to get everyone parked so we could haul the equipment down to the stage.  They were running behind schedule, so we listened to some other acts - something about Jupiter (I don't remember their name) and Nick Sales.  Then it was finally time for Shades of Brown!

The sound guys struggled a bit (same people who were at Art City Days...), but the band sounded great :)  If any readers haven't liked the band on Facebook, go here.  The band also has a blog setup now that you should all check out - http://shadesofbrownmusic.com/.

The band is doing amazing and playing a lot of gigs - and people are loving them!  On Friday, they played The Grove Theatre in Pleasant Grove.  The show was awesome, but I didn't pull out the camera.  I do, however, have some videos from the Freedom Festival performance below for your viewing pleasure. :)

New acoustic song - At the Edge of Identity
 
Love is Made
Ready. Set. Love.
Crash Landing

After the performance and chatting with my parents and friend who came to see them perform, we headed back to Payson to Matt's parents' for fireworks and a lesson from Grandpa. We love hanging out with family, and Grandpa's lessons are always amazing :)  After the lesson and the rain had died, we headed outside for the fireworks.  I had thought to try the 'firework' setting on my camera, but then I didn't ;) So, no pictures, but we did enjoy the show, and the new names that were created for the fireworks - lol.  Thanks to Utah changing the laws, aerial fireworks are legal this year, and it was lots of fun to see fireworks going up all over town.  We even had a couple of our own.  Matt thought the grande finale was most spectacular.  However, next time, we should probably light it further away ;)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 5, 2011 at Tuesday, July 05, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment