6 Months  

Posted by Amber

Half a year already! Where does the time go?!?


This month, we started putting away the 0-3 month clothes. Her 3-6 month clothes are still a little big, though.

Baby girl still doesn't roll from her back to her tummy.  She can get to her side, and once I saw her legs all the way over, but her arm prevents her from making it all the way.  She's still less than excited about being on her tummy. She hasn't figured out how to get up on her knees to crawl, but she does kick with her legs.  I've helped her scoot by placing my hand behind her feet for her to push off of.


On the other hand, she thinks standing is the bee's knees. (*side note* Bee's knees is apparently slang for "business" - as in, I'm the business... I presume this is used like "bomb," etcetera.  Sorry, I typed that and thought, what the heck? Where did that come from? So now you know!)  Right, standing.  She loves standing.  Much more preferrable to tummy time.  She grins if you help her stand.  It's pretty darn cute.


She is really getting the hang of toys.  It's nice that sometimes she is content to hang out by herself playing with some of her toys.  It makes my life a little easier, especially on days she doesn't nap. :p

As for sleeping through the night, she was waking once between 1am and 5am.  That was less than exciting, but at least it was typically only once per night.  Mostly I just wonder if she was sick.  Although, she got a bit of a runny nose for awhile, and went back to sleeping through the night.  And napping.  I don't get it.  Point is, she's still a really good sleeper, even those nights she doesn't make it through the night.


We started solids this month.  She is getting the hang of it.  She still has the tongue thrust reflex, but she is hating her oatmeal a little less and actually eating a little more of it.  Most of the time, we have to have a bottle to start, in between, and after our oatmeal, though.  I'm hoping this month she'll get a better handle on the whole swallowing thing, and then we'll venture into new foods!  You know, I knew from book smarts that this would change her bowel movements, but oh my, I wasn't prepared for the stickiness! And the quantity!  I guess that is what happens when it now takes a day or two to pass a poopy.  Good thing she can pass gas anyway.  For her, not for me.  She's my little stink bug.... Yeah, it's a good thing she's cute :)


So she has the typical baby bald spot on the back of her head from resting against it the majority of the time.  However, with her being more active (and more able to move herself), she is starting to get some hair back there again.  It is still super fine and light, so it is hard to tell, but there is more there than there was at the beginning of the month!


Grabbing - she's gotten to the point she wants to grab at everything.  Toys, necklaces, hair (not that she actually reaches for the hair most of the time, but she will grab it!), my food....  She has grabbed at my food when I'm holding it and her at the same time.  She has also started reaching for my plate if she is in my lap while I'm eating.  Oh the joys.  Just when I really start to get the hang of holding her and doing everything one-handed with my non-dominant hand - I now have to constantly move her hands away from things. 


Not just hands, either.  She loves her feet!  And kicking.  Trying to get a picture of her now (say, to document a cute outfit) is pretty hard.  The second she is free, her feet are up!  She's a huge fan of grabbing her toes.  Sometimes, they even make it in her mouth.  I wish I were so flexible :)


I feel like I should apologize for the length of this post.  I've started doing these posts throughout the month so as to not forget things - and well, they kind of grow more this way.  Oh well, I know you were all dying to know every little detail, right? :)

 
This post was on hold because we didn't see Dr. Fullmer until today.  My little one is just following along under the curve still.  Actually, she is still gaining at a quicker rate now when most kids start slowing down.  Maybe she'll reach the curve eventually?  Then again, maybe not.  Her stats today (6 months, 3 days) are weight=11 lbs 8 oz (0.3 percent), height=25.4 in (28 percent), and head circumference=16.4 in (34 percent)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at Tuesday, May 07, 2013 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment