So, umm, this is really going to be more about what we did over conference than actual conference itself. I have a crappy memory and struggle with paying attention sometimes.... but we had a great weekend that I want to share :)
We watched the Saturday morning session at home. Matt was super sleepy. I also had to work at 1pm, so I nursed Henlie before leaving, and she fell asleep. They "shared" a conference nap after the first session.
At work, I streamed the afternoon session. I also chatted with Matt a little about it during the session. (yeah, both of those things break rules....I'm over it) That was probably the session I listened to the best....
Fortunately, it was an easy Saturday, so I got home at a decent time. We went over to Mom's house for the Priesthood session (which was aired on the Internet and TV live for the first time!). Matt watched and the girls did crafts. I actually didn't take a craft (I really thought I wouldn't even get off of work until 6pm), but I chatted with Camile and Kayla while they did crafts. Charlie and Henlie had fun playing with the train and tracks with Grandma. After the session when Grandpa and Devan got home (they opted to still watch at the stake center), we had traditional ice cream :)
On Sunday, we watched the first session at home. I'd asked Matt if we could ride up the canyon to look at leaves because the mountains had been so vibrant. He said as long as the weather was good, he was always up for a drive. I seriously looked forward to this all week lol. We finally left around 12:30pm or 1pm. Matt asked if I cared which canyon, and I told him one with pretty leaves. So he took me to Provo Canyon, and we drove up to Squaw Peak. It was my first time going up there. I can definitely see why it's a favorite ride for motorcycles... so curvy! But the leaves were super pretty.
Of course, Mocha had to come.
It was pretty crowded, but we did get a parking spot at the top. We hung out for a little while looking out at the valley.
It was kind of chilly....and, obviously, windy :)
Tried out the panorama feature on my phone's camera. I was impressed lol
We saw quite a few hawks, some at eye level, and some even flying higher than we were. I love hawks :)
Mocha and Matt checking out the trail.
Other exciting sites were two guys parachuting off the mountain, and an itty-bitty red aeroplane that flew by.
Mocha and the parachute
And they're off!
We watched them land and then got back in the car. Conference was starting, and it was getting chilly.
I figured I should try getting some pictures of the leaves, but there's no where to stop on the drive - so these are all from the car on our way back down.
Matt wanted to drive out to the new UVU Intermural fields by Geneva, so we headed out there. They are pretty nice.
There's a lot of land out that way with some new developments going up, so Matt made me get out the Zillow app while we drove around looking for houses in our current price range.
We then got on the freeway, but diverted in Provo to try to find Matt's old house...while still looking at houses on Zillow.
We got a wee lost, and Matt gave up. We headed back to the freeway and to home. I had fun spending time with my little family and listening to conference. It was a pretty great weekend.
This entry was posted
on Wednesday, October 16, 2013
at Wednesday, October 16, 2013
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.











