Andressa's Farewell  

Posted by Amber

After our yard sale, it was time to drive down to St. George.  My niece, Andressa, was speaking in sacrament meeting before leaving on her mission to Belgium/Netherlands.  It was a regional stake conference up here that weekend, so I didn't need to worry about primary stuff :)  

We turned Henlie's car seat around before we left.  I think she likes it better.  I was going to wait until she was at least two, but I wanted to get used to it before the plane ride.  And I wanted her to face forward on the plane :)

 Daddy kisses!
 
 Nap time :)

 Our chairs make good foot rests.

Mom was going to cut our hair when we got down, but it was also my other niece, Kiera's, homecoming, and they were out to Santa Clara to see her in her dress.  Mom and Dad left later than anticipated, so we opted to just meet at my sister Monica's house and do hair cuts during the movie they were going to be watching (pizza and The Best Two Years was the plan).

After dinner, we went back to Mom and Dad's house to get our hairs cut.  Mom basically gave me two haircuts because it wasn't short enough the first time :)  We also worked Matt in because he is a sell-out ;)  It was suggested he may want to consider cutting his hair before he met the owner of the company.  Not a requirement, but a friendly recommendation.  He succumbed to peer-pressure.  We opted to call my other sister, Mariona, for recommendations on how to cut his hair.  She decided to look up styles in Peru.  Turns out if you search Men of Peru, you're going to find naked guys lol  She and I had a lovely chat while Mom worked on Matt's hair.  She had a devil of a time trying to get it to blend right.  We may have her tweak it when she comes up next month :)

 Before picture
Sorry, I don't have an after exactly :)



Because of all of our haircut woes, Mom was super late getting back to Monica's.  They had to rehearse for their musical number in church the next day.  Surprisingly, Henlie went to bed easy-peasy.  Unfortunately, while I was getting my hair cut, she woke up just crying.  Grandpa went and got her out of bed, and she finally calmed down and played with toys for a good while before we all went to bed later.  It probably worked out better that way, though.  Then, Myron's family didn't wake her, and we didn't wake her when we went to bed :)  Once she finally went back to sleep, she did just fine.

Sunday morning, Henlie of course was awake lol.  As was Porter.  So that meant Myron and I were both up too.  Myron got Porter some breakfast, and Henlie and I hung out waiting for Grandpa to finally wake up, because there are always yummy warm breakfasts at their house :)  Then it was a matter of playing and waiting to take a bath and get ready for church, which was at 1pm.
 
 Sharing toys in Grandpa's office with cousin Ari.

 Playing with a diving ring.

 Waiting patiently for breakfast 
(french toast, bacon, and peaches!)

 Nap time!

 Little girl all ready for church.

Whenever I'd tell her to say "Cheese!"to get a smile, she would do it, but only while turning away from me.
This is one of those results hahaha

At church, Henlie wanted to "Play Ari."  Turns out that doesn't actually mean play with Ari, but rather just play with Ari's toys ;)  Andressa gave a wonderful talk.  I think it is the best pre-mission farewell talk I've ever heard.  She is so ready :)  It was kind of fun because they had a senior couple who just returned from a mission who also spoke.  Granted, I didn't pay as much attention to their talks because of Henlie.  After sacrament meeting, we all congregated back at Monica's house for some lunch and visiting.  We were the first ones there, and Henlie totally fell asleep on the probably not even five minute drive there, so we waited for other people to arrive before waking Henlie to go inside.

 Playing "with" Ari.

 She found a comb.  We let her comb Grandpa's hair, because there is no way to ruin it ;)

Nap time after church.
 
We had yummy taco/burritos and cookies :)  We visited with family.  And we made all of our family members take pictures with us before we move to Peru ;)  Once we finally got all of the pictures taken, we were on the road again back home.  I managed to stay awake on that trip (not so much on the way down, though. Poor Matt).  While it was yet another short trip, I feel like we got some nice quality time in with a lot of family, so it worked out well :)

 Myron and Maritza's family.
Me, Henlie, Matt, Jaycie, Myron, Ellie, Porter, Maritza, and Ari

 Henlie and Ari hugs :)

 My parents

 We love cousin-friends :)

 Although not too sure what to think of cousin Kiera ;)

 Monica and Shane's family
Monica, Me, Henlie, Matt, Ammon, Sam, Shane, Andressa, Ali, Savannah, and Sabrina

 Makayla and Greg's family
Kiera, Makayla, Me, Henlie, Matt, Lainee, Lexie, and Greg
(I had to bribe Greg with Pepsi at our going away party to get him in the picture ;)
Now you have to show up! ;))

 Us with Sydney, who is technically a step-cousin once removed.
We just go with cousins :)

Peek-a-boo!

This entry was posted on Friday, September 26, 2014 at Friday, September 26, 2014 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment