Considering we're moving at the beginning of November, we moved Henlie's second birthday party up a month to October 4th. Considering it was Conference weekend, we set her party for 4:30pm, to hopefully give people time to hop in the car and make it down after the afternoon session, but still get done in time for Priesthood session.
I'm really happy with how her party turned out. For not going as all out as I was going to before we found out we were moving, it turned out super cute! My aunt Koreen made her an awesome birthday cake. Everyone was impressed, as they should have been :) Koreen sent the cake with Granny and Grumpy since she and my uncle Steven were going hunting.
She did white cake with a berry filling. I knew some people wouldn't want the filling, so I also made chocolate cupcakes. I found some freebie cupcake toppers that I printed and cut out. And we found some great sprinkles at Walmart the day before on our party supply trip :)
I also made water bottle labels that turned out super cute. They were really simple. Those couple of details really helped tie the food into the theme. Loved it!
The spread.
When buying the ice cream, I found the individual cups.
Since we were doing this in the clubhouse, I thought, what better way to buy and serve ice cream?!?
It was great :)
The orange plates were from a Halloween party years ago. They worked well with the scheme, and then we had more plates if we needed them :)
I also printed out Daniel Tiger coloring pages and brought Henlie's crayons so the kids could color :)
And the purple tablecloth is from her party last year ;)
Charlie and Henlie coloring some Daniel Tiger pages.
We finally got started around 5pm. We sang Happy Birthday to Henlie and then she blew out her candle. We had cake and ice cream before opening presents.
Henlie blows out her candle!
McKade, Devan, and Kayla
Grandma Biggs, Michelle, and Danica
Nora (getting food), Natalie, Joey, Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Erdmann.
Charlie, McKade, Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Wilson, Dave, Nora, Joey, Natalie, Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Erdmann.
GG Erdmann is checking out Natalie's youngest, Dot.
Daddy is a good sharer :)
Coloring book from Aunt Lynell.
And treats!
She knew the important part of the card haha.
Opening presents!
TIGEY!
She loves him.
Reading a card...with Tigey :)
Opening presents from Grandma Biggs and fam.
Great Grandma Erdmann, will you read me a story?
Thank you Devan and Kayla for my Daniel Tiger!
Grandma, I got another book!
It was.....
a shirt!
haha her face :)
It says, "I am being promoted to Big Sister!" It was a fun way to announce that we're expecting baby #2 around May next year. :) Fun times.
After that, it was time to clean up, give hugs, and go home and turn on the Priesthood session of conference.
This entry was posted
on Monday, November 10, 2014
at Monday, November 10, 2014
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.













