Matt Turns 30!  

Posted by Amber

Matt turned 30 on Saturday, March 28th. We'd read about a new restaurant in Miraflores called New York Burger that imports its meat from the US. (Beef here isn't that great, especially when you get hamburger, so importing was an awesome thing :)) I decided Matt's birthday was a great excuse to try it out. Logistics were a little trickier since we ended up having a baby in the clinic and I was pumping, but we invited our friends the McMillens to join us for an early dinner.


Abby and Maisey

 Eliza and Isabelle

 Rob

 Henlie, Matt, and Me
Thanks to Abby for taking the picture :)

 Liberty

 Matt enjoying his Soho burger.
We actually got the same thing, except I'm picky and didn't have any veggies :)
Who knew an egg on your burger could be so yummy?
I've found a love of fried eggs since moving here :)

 Henlie loves sauces, ketchup included.

 Eliza and Henlie with the New York Cab :)

 Mommy and Henlie with the cab

 Libby and Henlie
Henlie's a good copycat. I think they were dancing?

The girls played Ring-Around-the-Rosie.

 They played happy birthday on the radio

Matt's birthday burger
(Doughnut bun, chocolate patty, mango cheese, kiwi lettuce, and strawberry tomatoes)

The McMillens sang us a very traditional Peruvian version of Happy Birthday :)

It was fun to get out for a couple of hours and enjoy some very yummy food and hang out with good friends. Thanks for coming with us, guys! And a very happy birthday to my studly hubby :)

This entry was posted on Saturday, June 27, 2015 at Saturday, June 27, 2015 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I didn't realize Matt's birthday was in March as well! Happy (very belated) Birthday!! That hamburger dessert looked and sounded super delicious!

June 30, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Post a Comment