The big 3-0.  

Posted by Amber in ,

I'm officially old. I mean, even at 29, one can say they are in their 20s. Which is like the beginning of being an adult (read: young). But 30? Ugh. I'm like, middle-aged. (Okay, I know this is not true, but when I take a second to think about this new decade, these are the things I think.)

Truthfully, I think this was one of the most (if not the most) low-key birthday I've had. It fell on a Saturday, which was nice because Matt was home. Matt made pancakes for breakfast. Matt and Henlie sang Happy Birthday to me. Henlie's rendition went, "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you." Later in the day, we went grocery shopping. haha Then, I'd found a Christmas tree farm in West Mountain, so we headed out there to look at trees. We picked one, and they delivered it a few hours later. We let Henlie go play at Grandma's house. (Read: She was driving me crazy and Grandma had offered to watch her.) Matt took me to Sip-N and I tried out their hot cocoa (would purchase again...and I am a bit of a cocoa snob) and fries. Matt had a yummy tangerine smoothie and a peanut butter bar. 

We got home as our tree was arriving, so we got that in the house, got out our brand new live tree stand we just bought at the store, and set our tree up. Turns out it has too skinny of a trunk and we needed to shim it haha. It is mostly straight now :) We hung out for a bit. Found a ladybug in the tree. Well, Munchkin found it when it was out of the tree. I checked on it on the floor and was pleased to discover it was only a ladybug. 

I spy...tree!

Ladybug

We went back to Grandma's house to get Henlie and acquired the necessary tree shims and hung out for a bit. Henlie had dinner at Grandma's, but Matt and I hadn't had any (not that we were super hungry after our Sip-N snacks), so we stopped at Arby's for dinner. I got a Pumpkin Perfection shake. It was pretty tasty, and super thick. Came home, ate dinner, which Henlie of course had to share, and put lights on the tree. I was out-voted, so we got colored lights. They are LEDs, and they are super bright! Like, if one is pointing at you, it's blinding. At least blue and green are. I haven't noticed any issues with yellow or red. Go figure. Then we all spent the evening hanging out with our lighted tree and enjoying the discotech in our living room.

Grandma has this ornament on her tree. I asked Henlie who it was.
She responds, "That's my Daddy....when he was a baby."
hahaha

Discotech!

So, super low-key and relatively lame birthday in terms of celebrations, but it was a pretty good day anyway. Especially the yummy snacks! I love Sip-N, and to have Sip-N and get a super sugary shake a few hours later? Unheard of! But I allowed it since it was my birthday haha.

This entry was posted on Friday, January 8, 2016 at Friday, January 08, 2016 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment