Christmas  

Posted by Amber

The day after the Covalt part was the Biggs/Christiansen party.  We ate yummy food and caught up with more relatives.  Then we got to go downstairs for the gift-giving :)  Grandma JeanAnn has been updating our family records and gave us a family history binder with some charts done.  We had lots of fun.

Christmas eve was the Wilson party, as usual.  We arrived quite fashionably late, but weren't the last ones.  After quite a bit of waiting (during which my cousins and I played Christmas mad libs - so very entertaining), we had dinner.  Then the younger cousins contributed to our program.  I had no idea Casey and Ryker were playing stringed instruments!  Debbie's daughter and her two kids were up visiting as well.  Watching them open the presents Grandma got them was so cute! But we're not to presents yet in this timeline...

After the program, we sang some Christmas songs, followed by the traditional Luke 2 story and Silent Night.  I did not cry this year - though I had a couple reading issues (oh well, can't be perfect).  For anyone confused, my mother, being the oldest, would read the Christmas story while Koreen would play Silent Night.  When mom died, I took over that responsibility.  I'm pretty sure every Christmas since, I have had a really hard time getting through the story - but this year, I did not cry! Fifth time's the charm I guess.

After we sing Silent Night, we distribute presents and the subsequently get opened. One of Caleen's kids (sorry, I don't remember who!) had Matt.  He got a Walmart gift card, Mountain Dew, and Snickers.  My cousin Kim had me - and she loves me :D (that or she's observant of my FB statuses and my hints for everyone at Thanksgiving) - she got me Owl City's latest cd.  LOVE IT!  We eventually made it home.  Matt went to sleep, and I wrapped gifts :)

Christmas morning, we woke up at a fairly decent hour.  Matt opened his one Santa gift (we've been pretty broke these last couple months, and the few things I got on black friday, Matt was there to see - so he only had one gift from me).  He got the Spanish Bible since the church has gone through and done the foot notes and cross references and such.  Then we headed down to Payson to Matt's parents.

They always have such fun things :) There were little helicopters flying around, tanks that shock you, nerf-like darts, and of course, the Wii! (okay, so I just wrote that in all caps for emphasis and decided to change it - Wii becomes WII - add another 'w' and it's World War II! thought you should know.)  Santa informed us ahead of time of the plan, so we brought our two wii-motes.  Santa also brought them the Beatles Rockband, but they ended up getting the wrong kind of microphones :(  They still had two guitars and the drums, though.  We discovered that the Beatles were pretty crazy in their later years - I suppose drugs will do that to you.  Mom and Dad also got us a tabletop grill, cute Christmas cross-stitch, family pic, a Thomas S Monson book (favorite quotes of, not so much written by him), our own helicopter, gift cards, and candy.  Yes, it is quite possible I forgot something.  We hung out playing with the new toys and had breakfast.  

That afternoon, we went to my parents' house for dinner.  We hung out talking for awhile before making it back home.  Mom and dad gave us a card with a much appreciated check.  We also got the (now) traditional Kleenex and toilet paper - good timing too because we were on the last roll :).  My step-sister Makayla's family also sent us up a present - a cute little snowman, Christmas mugs, hot cocoa mix, and Sprite.  No, I did not let Matt spike his hot cocoa with Sprite.

We most definitely had a merry Christmas :)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at Tuesday, December 29, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment