Thanksgiving & Black Friday  

Posted by Amber

Now to get around to the updates that are sorely needed. We had a lovely thanksgiving.  We went to dinner at Matt's Grandma and Grandpa Covalt's.  The turkey was delish and I definitely filled my plate too full :)  Afterward, we played Bingo.  Prizes were involved.  I got some little bungy cords, and Matt got a package of three rubber balls (which worked out perfectly because Cinco, aka Illegal Kitty, loves them - we had no toys for him when we got him...)  After Bingo, we headed to Spanish Fork where the Wilson side was congregating.  There, we had pie and visited with more family.  Toa brought the kids up from Brazil - I can't believe how big Meleseini is now!  We also looked through the ads to prepare for Black Friday.

My intent was to be there early - we're pretty broke at the moment (soon to be remedied - woot!), so deals were of great import.  The plan was to awake at 3am to get to Walmart and try to get a couple things at the 5am deal.  Well I was up late playing Assassin's Creed.  Matt finally went to sleep.  It was to the point that if I went to sleep, I wouldn't wake up, so I kept playing (my contacts were bugging me so badly!). I opted to let Matt sleep a little longer since he fell asleep pretty late, and I knew he'd have the same problem.  So at 3:30am, I went to wake him up.  It wasn't happening.  Then I fell asleep.  We did venture down to Walmart at like 9 or something and got a few things that I was hoping for, and some I wasn't planning on (Black Friday is the best day for movies...). 

Then Matt decided he needed to get me a birthday present, and GameStop had a deal on the New Super Mario Bros Wii with two qualified trade-ins.  I told Matt he didn't need to trade his games in (out of the relatively long list, we owned 3 for Xbox 360, and one I am still playing... should finish that, eh?), so he decided to get rid of his non-compatible Xbox games - and then the Xbox since we obviously don't use it and it struggles.  So we go stand in line at GameStop to find out they don't deal in stuff that old, but Mario's in the Provo mall does.  So we opted to drive up there since we had all the stuff in the car.  She took all of the games and three of the controllers for around $30 (they give you a little more if you do in-store credit, but there was nothing of interest there).  One controller was aftermarket, so she didn't take that.  Then she couldn't take the Xbox either because Matt and his brothers had opened it to try to fix the laser when it was going out.  It worked better for a little bit after that... So now we have 1 Xbox and 1 controller and some Xbox games (the ones that are compatible with the 360). 

I had told Matt that I'd rather Assassin's Creed II than Mario Bros. at some point during the day, and on the way back to GameStop, Matt said he thought he had enough to make up the other half of Assassin's Creed II.  So that was my birthday present.  At first, he wasn't going to let me have it until my birthday (the 5th), but then he really wanted to see it played, so he let me have it early.  However, I was not quite done with the first Assassin's Creed, so he and Garth had to wait until I finished that a few days later.  (Since it was my birthday present, I wasn't allowing anyone to play II before me :) )  And yes, I have finished Assassin's Creed II also now . . . like a week ago :)

This entry was posted on Saturday, December 19, 2009 at Saturday, December 19, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment