Since I told you in the last post I would write about what Matt and I did over Valentine's weekend, I suppose I should to that :) I just put the pictures on the computer this morning, which reminded me I should do that, too. So here you go.
Since the 12th was to be (relatively) warm and sunny, I told Matt I wanted to go to the zoo. We often go to the aviary, but we have memberships both places and haven't used our zoo membership enough yet to pay for itself. It was also the Worldwide Leadership Training, but I didn't go.... Instead, Matt got up early to take his car in for service and safety and emissions, I mosied out of bed much later and got ready at a leisurely pace, then went to pick him up from the dealership. :) He made me come inside because a friend of ours from school worked at the dealership and wanted to say hi, so we chatted for a bit. Then we stopped at McDonald's for breakfast before heading up to the zoo :)
I thought being the first truly warm weekend that there would be more people there, but it wasn't too crowded. We went around the duck pond first and fed the silly buggers. Part of the pond was frozen and a Giant Canada Goose, a Trumpeter Swan, and one duck dared brave the ice to get closer to people throwing food. The little duck made Matt laugh because he'd go running across the ice to get the pellet, which was entertaining to watch.
When we got to the small primate building, we were surprised to find an art exhibit as well. We wandered around enjoing the animal art, and the warmer tempuratures. They had some awesome stuff, and a great painting of tiger cubs that would go great over our couch, if we'd had a spare few thousand dollars lying around :) We enjoyed it quite a bit.
Also at ZooLights!, we discovered the Colubus Monkeys had a baby. Well he (or she) is growing up and is quite rambunctious :) The babe would climb all over everyone and jump up and down. Quite cute :)
