Good Friday and Easter Sunday  

Posted by Amber

I don't actually celebrate Good Friday, and honestly, I don't know what the point of the holiday is. What I do know is that a lot of projects didn't dial that day due to the holiday - so it was a slow day at work. This was perfect because we had our first annual QA Editor Birthday Party!
The cute invite I made :)

It was super fun just to get together with our team and do something fun! We met at Magleby's Fresh in Lindon for lunch. Jan got some cute Easter eggs for little party favors, and we learned fun facts about things that happened on everyone's birthdays in history.


 Easter basket with the Easter eggs
 Sorry the pic is blurry - Tiana and Shannon
 Shannon, Joan, Jessica, and Britnee
 Nick
 Britnee and Marie
 Jan and I - Jan is being a pain....
It was okay though because I'm quick on the rebound and got her laughing ;) HA!

We were missing Melissa and Rachel - but like I said, this should be an annual thing :) Also, as it says in the invite, for those who wanted, we took a little tour of our new Lindon call center.  It's schwanky - much better than where they were in Orem (back when I dialed. . .and where I first started editing :) ).  Aimee, the PC (phone center) manager was kind enough to let us have a promotional stuffed ball - we all picked soccer balls over the footballs ;)  Good times.

Saturday, I ended up having to work :p So I didn't get to go to the Wilson Easter picnic.  My sister-in-law Camile was having a BBQ at her house for her birthday, so I arrived late to that.  It worked out quite well though, and it was fun to hang out with family, even if it was super cold!

Saturday evening, I drug Matt around our building to deliver Easter baskets I made for our neighbors :)  They've been done for ages, but I hadn't gotten around to taking them because I wanted Matt to go too :)  Cinco is a huge fan of Easter grass, though, so we ended up putting them in our closet and shutting the door.  Silly gato.  I made 10 baskets for $50 thanks to Dollar Tree.  I also took the Church's Easter message and put it on a picture of Christ to include in the baskets. (If you haven't watched the video - I highly recommend you do! It's so poignant in the film :) )




We ended up delivering five of them that night.  It worked out well that I had 10 because a new family moved into our building, where I thought someone already lived, so we got to meet them - well, their kids and the grandma who was tending them. :)  They should be at church this week - yay for another kid in nursery and in Sunbeams!

Easter Sunday we attended church and had dinner at Matt's parents' house.  Then we went around to finish delivering baskets :)  We got four more done and ended up just leaving our next door neighbor's on their door.  I hope they got it :)  We also found out our downstairs neighbors were moving.  We collected our old boxes that I still had in a closet and took them down for them to use - yay for helping AND getting rid of boxes!  Melissa was so sweet - she gave us some Easter candy and gave me some flowers she had.  Pretty, yes?

Twigs and blossoms from her mom's tree, and wild daffodils from up the canyon :)

I hope all of you had a joyous Easter :)

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 30, 2011 at Saturday, April 30, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment