Vegas Baby! Part 3 - Sunday & Monday  

Posted by Amber

Sunday, Natalie, Tashina, Shawn, Darren, Matt, and I headed back to the strip to the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay.  It was awesome :)  Big aquariums are so cool.  Our poor little Living Planet Aquarium here in Utah is okay, but not nearly as awesome :)

 Komodo Dragon
 This Emerald Tree Monitor was one of my favorites :)
 Shark!
 They swim so fast!
 Feeding time!
Lionfish

They had a touch pool with stingrays and horseshoe crabs.  I didn't dip my hand, but I did take pictures of everyone else :)


 Matt checking out a horseshoe crab
 Tashina, Natalie, and Matt
 Jellies!
 Matt & I in front of the jellyfish
Relaxing on the comfy bench while waiting for everyone else :)

Other fun parts of the Shark Reef Aquarium were the shark tunnel - where you can see underneath the sharks and other fish as they swim above you - and the sunken ship - which incidentally also has a small tunnel on your way to the gift shop, along with some viewing windows in the floors.
 Fishies relaxing on the 'sunken ship'
Self-Potrait with a Shark. 
Sorry it's so grainy - I had to lighten it a lot cuz I didn't use a flash, but I'm still pretty proud of my timing to get me and the shark in the frame so well :D

On our way back to the cars - which were on the complete opposite side of the building it seemed, I got a picture of Matt and I in front of this cool little fountain with little stone . . . chameleons? something like that anyway.
 Oh yes, the bag is because we bought stuff at the aquarium gift shop. :)  I got a pair of earrings and a bracelet, and Matt got a shark tooth necklace :)
This little dude was our favorite - Matt wants to find a stone mason to make a miniture version to put on our patio :)

My earrings and bracelet

After the aquarium, we headed back to the games to watch the drum major competition.  After which, Matt and I went to get some lunch at the vendors and then came back to watch the band competition. 
 Jason Paguio (my fav :) ) - SFU and David McCormick - LA Scots

I got bored part way through and went back to the booths to shop :)  I bought two pairs of earrings from A Girlz Glitter and two stone rings from Another Realm.  I was quite pleased. 

 My hematite ring
 Earrings and my other ring

I then sat and listened to one of the various entertainment bands play a song or two before heading back to watch the Grade 1 bands (LA Scots and SFU).  Everyone else had left already - except Natalie and Tashina and us - because everyone else was going home Sunday.  The four of us didnt' leave until Monday.  We still got to see everyone though because they were just getting ready to leave when we got back to the house.
 Matt listening to the bands
 SFU waiting to go on for their MSR
 LA Scots exiting
 A very loud peacock - who would shut up every time I tried to video him
 Awesome car
Another shot of the awesome car :)

That night, we stayed in and ordered pizza.  Natalie, Tashina, and Matt watched TV, and I opted to read in our room.  I thought the house would feel super empty with just 4 of us left, but it was rather pleasant still. 

Monday morning we woke up and made sure everything was taken care of - like all the sheets put in the laundry room, the dishes all washed and put away - you know, everything to get our cleaning deposit back :)  Once the key was in the lock box, we were on our way back home - to the un-warm weather :p  It was great to have a vacay - even if I had to unpack everthing and do laundry when we got home :)  And Matt still had to go to class lol.


This entry was posted on Saturday, April 30, 2011 at Saturday, April 30, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment