What you've all been waiting for!  

Posted by Amber

A catch-up post for the last like two months :)

So, the rest of February.... my work has finally offered us 401Ks.  Maybe not much to you, but I was pretty excited :)  We will at least have something in a retirement account again. (Some may remember we cashed out Matt's IRA to make the down payment on the condo.)

On February 26th, I hung out with a friend from high school.  Love her!  We met at the Provo mall and got some lunch and talked.  Then, of course, we went shopping! I only ended up getting a pair of earrings, but we had fun :)  (Thanks to Matt's aunt Lynell for the gift card to Christopher & Banks from ages ago that I used to buy said earrings :) )

That night, Matt and I headed up to Salt Lake for the WUSPBA Great Basin Branch awards dinner at Golden Corral.  Matt brought home a trophy for 1st place in grade 2 snare.  Lots of other members of our band also brought home awards.  It was fun.  They put together a slide show with pictures from all of the bands in our branch that we watched after dinner.  It was much fun. :)
Matt and DeAnn Goodman, current branch president
White Peaks represent!
L-R: Don, Diana, Tashina, Zach, Matt, Katie, Susan, Ian, Justin, Meika, someone I don't know ;), Natalie

So that takes us to March.  On the 12th was the St. Patrick's Day parade at the Gateway.  I left the band to go get some breakfast, which was an awesome idea :)  I read my book until I heard bagpipes outside, so I missed the first part of the parade.  It's okay, though, because it was chilly.  WPs wasn't until much later, but I snapped a few shots with my phone :)


Matt's birthday was on the 28th.  He is officially closer to 30 than 20, which makes him a little sad.  On Saturday, the 26th, we headed up to Rio Tinto Stadium for the RSL game.  We were a little late and heard them make the first goal as we were walking over from the parking lot.  Then, we decided to stop and get some dinner, during which they made another goal. :)  Happy for lots of goals, sad I didn't see them.  We had pretty good seats and it was lots of fun.  We were high enough up that we didn't get too much rain, either.
 Heading to the game!
 Half-time fun
Beginning the second half
Jimmer was there, and Matt pointed it out on the TV, so we were looking there when we scored yet another goal.  Stupid Jimmer.  I missed LA's goal too, but I did get to see 1 RSL goal, so it was alright.  RSL won 4 to 1 against the LA Galaxy, so it was a good night. 



We won!

Earlier that same day, Matt's brother Curtis performed his Trombone Junior Recital.  He was amazing, as usual.  It was fun to watch him perform and visit with family.  Curtis also did a little didgeridoo piece, which made me want to go back to Australia :) *sigh*
Sunday we had dinner and brownies at Matt's parents' for his birthday.  I can't recall now if it was Sunday or Monday, but my parents also stopped by our house for a short visit and to give Matt a cute birthday card :)  Yeah, he's loved ;)

So onto April... really the only thing of note (besides General Conference, which, yes, was amazing, as it always is) was this past Saturday, April 9th, we got to go up to the Draper temple to see Matt's cousin sealed to our family.  I've never witnessed the sealing of children to the parents, but it was awesome :)  I also didn't know that the other kids (if they're under 21) can come watch.  It was so fun to see the whole family there in white joined for eternity. :)

Afterward, we all went to dinner at Chuck-A-Rama.  Yay for more visiting with family :)  After dinner, Matt and I went to Ikea because we'd never been.  Sorry to those who absolutely love Ikea (*cough* Natalie *cough*), but I wasn't that impressed.  The whole concept was weird to me.  It probably didn't help I was still in a skirt and dress shoes wandering around the showroom...  we eventually found our way out of the store and back to our car so we could go home. :)  I think if I want to purchase something from Ikea, it will be over the internet :)

So, that brings us up-to-date. Yay!  In other exciting news, this weekend we're going to Vegas! I'll be sure to take pictures.... and maybe one day I'll get around to blogging about our adventures ;)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 at Tuesday, April 12, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment