Work Baby Showers  

Posted by Amber

Yeah, we've had lots of baby showers :)  One more to go this Saturday!

Anyway, my work had a shower for me on Saturday, Oct. 10.

Shannon made the adorable invitations.  Through her connections, the baby graphic was created by a famous artist just for us :)  I'll have to ask her who the artist is, because I don't remember.  Someone big in the digiscrapping world, though :)
 
We played some games and everyone wrote down their wishes for Henlie - using each letter of her name.  That was pretty entertaining as people tried to come up with something for the different letters.  Sorry it has two Es, guys :)  We also had a delicious baked potato bar (umm, I was starving ;)), and Shannon made super cute 2x4 pumpkins for decorations - and as favors.  Even more fun for me, I think, was because of my temporary assignment, I have made friends in other centers and parts of the company.   It was fun to have Cathy, Kaylee, and Brookely come over, as well as a previous editor, Katie. :)


 Thanks to Monica for the idea to take the picture *with* the person who gave the gift :)
Also, please ignore my red-eye.  I don't have the desire to edit these at the moment.
From Chelsey
 From Raelynn
 From Katie, who sadly couldn't stay.
 From Nate and Britnee - yes, teasing ensued over the matching outfits :)  But I love those little boots :)
 From Brookely
 From Rachel
 From Kaylee

From Cathy, who also couldn't stay.  Mommy pamper package :)
 
It was fun to see my friends on the editing team and from SF, since I don't really see them much while I'm working in Draper for elections :)
 
*************************************************************
 
On Friday, Oct. 26, Matt's work also hosted a shower for us at the UVU Alumni house.  I don't have any pictures from this one, so I'll just do a brief recap.  I've met some of his co-workers previously at a BBQ they hosted earlier in the year, which was nice for me because I recognized people :)  They had a nice spread of sandwiches, chips, and treats for lunch.  Then came presents.  I was a bit taken aback by the caliber of the gifts, and then Matt reminded me that his coworkers aren't exactly poor :) hehe.  Notable gifts were the pack'n'play from our registry, a bumbo, and a nursing pillow.  We also got some cute clothes.  One of his coworkers knitted her a hooded sweater. It's adorable and amazing quality :)
 
After the shower, Matt decided to be done working (which is pretty standard for him on a Friday afternoon anyway, much less after a party).  We chatted and then chatted with his boss when she got back to the office.  Since Matt was going to be finished working and I was going to run some errands (and didn't end up having to work), Matt came with me to run my errands.  It was fun hanging out with him and spending time that we don't necessarily get to do very often. 
 
We checked out Hobby Lobby.  I was looking for headbands, but they didn't have the ones I wanted in-store.  We did, however, get a cute flower clip for Henlie and a little mirror you place a candle on that was half-price.  (I have this large candle, but I have nowhere to put it because the dye in the wax bleeds.... but for $2.50, I could get a mirror to put it on - problem solved!)
 
Next we went to the distribution center to get some maternity tops, and ran into my aunt and cousin.  That was so random, but it was really good to chat with them for a bit and get caught up. 
 
Then to Petco - Mocha needed food.  Then to my work to switch cars so I had my own car again.  After that, and a brief chat with Jan, I took Matt back to his car.  Fun times.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at Wednesday, October 31, 2012 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment