Art City Days parade  

Posted by Amber

Saturday, June 14th, was the Art City Days Grand Parade in Springville.  For the first time since I joined pipe band, we went to Art City Days.  It is the same weekend as the Utah Scottish Festival, but I opted to let Matt just go and do his thing while we partied closer to home.

 I love the old cars :)

Fiddler on the Roof - I was entertained.
 
We met up with some of my family pretty much right at the beginning of the parade.  Good thing they sat closer to the end than the beginning haha.  We saw my uncle David as we were walking over there.  He brought his daughter, Rebecca, to the parade, but had to leave to take his son, Benjamin, to karate. We stopped as the flag passed at the beginning of the parade.  The lady we stopped by offered to let us sit there.  It was kind, but we let her know we had family a little further down. :) 

 My adorable cousin, Elisabeth :)

 A trailer for Matt - I could do road trips this way :)

 Ignore the random dude and look at the pretty peacocks!

 This dragster was LOUD!

A baby dragster :)
 
We found them and set up chairs.  Henlie wasn't too certain of everything at first.  In her true fashion, she just sat and observed for quite awhile.  

 Checking everything out while Riley plays games in the background.  He wasn't too interested in the parade.


 Henlie and Ryker watching the Springville marching band go by.

Rebecca was all about getting the candy and came prepared with a grocery bag to collect her goodies.  One entry was tossing otter pops, so I made her get two ;)  Henlie enjoyed her otter pop.  I don't know if hers came this way or if she bit it when I wasn't being speedy enough to help her get more, but she ended up with a hole halfway down the plastic and got her shirt all blue.  Baby wipes got most of it out, though.  Then we wrapped the pop in a wipe to contain further leaks :)




Another entry had teens handing out candy, and one of the girls was making sure all the little kids hanging back got a sucker.  She walked right up to Henlie and handed her one.  It was the sweetest thing.  That girl is an angel :)  Henlie also enjoyed her sucker :)




UVU's entries came, and I was all sorts of excited and yelling.  Elisabeth commented that I was super excited about UVU.  Of course I was!  It's my alma mater!


Besides, who doesn't love Willy?!?
 
Most random entry goes to the guy who decided to get someone to pull a flatbed trailer with his drum set on it and play a really long drum solo.  Seriously, so random.  But the guy was pretty good, and Henlie loved it.  She loves drums.  She loves to play Daddy's drums, whether his practice pad or his drum set.  She plays his drum set more than he does :)  She got so excited when the drummer went by, and she started rocking out :)

Dog? Check.
Drum set? Check.
What else do you need?
 
Another favorite of Henlie's were the horse entries.  She loves horses.  She would say, "Horse!" And sometimes make horse noises.  There was also an inflatable duck in one entry, but while she told me it was a duck, she wasn't as taken with it as she was the horses.



Later in the parade, Henlie got comfortable and took Elisabeth out to the street with the other kids.  It was so cute.  We were hanging out playing and dancing to all of the musics.  One such entry was a float for a production of Tom Sawyer (which my old neighbor and Elisabeth's current neighbor is in).  We were dancing to the music, and one of the kids with flyers came over dancing too.  Yeah, I totally danced with this teenage boy haha.  Then he's like, "You have to come to my show! C'mon!" haha Needless to say, I had to accept the flyer.  After he left, Elisabeth asked if I knew him.  Nope!








One entry was handing out pretty flowers.  I happened to say, "I want a flower!" And the girl totally gave me one.  At that point, Elisabeth quoted scripture, "Ask, and ye shall receive." :)  Henlie promptly claimed it for her own.  It was nearly as tall as she was!  She had fun playing with it, but the stem snapped, so I took it back.  It is still doing well in a cup of water in my house, though.



 Smelling the flower

What was left of the stem :)
 
We had fun at the parade, although it was kind of chilly.  I'm just glad I had family who went and saved us some spots!  Also, I'm really glad my cousin Elisabeth was there, because she's awesome and freaking hilarious. (No, she didn't pay be to say that, she just is!)  Ryker even carried our chairs back to the car for us.  I sure love my family :)

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 19, 2014 at Thursday, June 19, 2014 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Awwww. I am funny arnt I ;) so glad you came! It's always more fun with more family!

June 20, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Post a Comment