Ward Halloween Party  

Posted by Amber in , , , , ,

Our ward had a Halloween party/culture night on Friday, October 30th. Apparently this combination happened accidentally a year or two ago, and now it's a thing.



Matt and I weren't going to dress up, but I decided I didn't want to be lame haha
Problem was I've started packing and I've given away my craft supplies already. 
Considering what I had to work with, I was quite pleased with my costume.
Also, Hermana Raeside said I did hippie very well. Yay validation!

Oh, and this picture went with a Facebook status. Andrew kept pulling off to look at my peace sign. I had to switch sides to get him to actually nurse a bit. :)

We actually got there right on time, which was impressive because we live in San Isidro, and also, the traffic on Javier Prado was especially bad. However, on time in Peru = very early lol We wandered around and watched people set up. The Adams girls also brought their cuys (guinea pigs), so we got to see them and Henlie got to pet one.





Trying to get a family pic and see our costumes waiting to go trick-or-treating.

The party got started around 7pm with a little trick-or-treating at various classrooms in the church. It was nicer than previous trunk-or-treats because that limits it to people with cars...and people who can afford/find candy. Apparently the ward also had some budget for candy, which helped offset costs.


Left: Trick-or-treating from her old babysitter, Emily.
Middle: Trick-or-treating from Jane Farnsworth

 Décor


Left: Cotton Candy from the Adams family
Middle: I believe these are the Woods.
Right: Brother Farnsworth with the strobe light.

After trick-or-treating, it was a lot of sitting around waiting for everyone to finish....and then waiting for the culture night part of the party to start. I talked Andrés into coming in, and then I felt bad because it still took forever to start. And while there were some samplers of food, we didn't stay and get any because we had sleepy babies.
 Henlie liked looking out the window to the courtyard.
That is the cutest little bee I ever did see.
Costume pic after trick-or-treating. We ducked into the mother's lounge to change Andrew and I snagged a photo opportunity :)


Momma and Andrew
Maia dressed up her stuffed animals, too.
Jessica teasing Henlie with a fake spider in a box. Henlie was not amused. Maia and Bella looked on :)

Culture night had some cool stuff, though. I mean, those who just talked about the various countries weren't exciting since I don't understand Spanish, but Peru and Colombia had some dances. A couple people sang songs. I guess the idea was to get a representation of the different countries represented in our ward. Don't be confused, it wasn't related to Halloween, just a general culture overview :)

 Bullfighting in dance form.
Henlie and Daddy with two bulls.


Why yes, he is wearing a Jesus necklace. I'm not sure why.
I love the dress, though. This was Colombia's dance.
Right: I know it's super blurry, we were at the back of the gym because it was so loud, but this is my friend Andi talking about her home, Argentina. I got that Argentina has may climates. Matt also informed me she mentioned they really like meat...like many times it was mentioned haha

Since we left early and were hungry, we stopped at the McDonald's drive-through on our way home. Henlie got the cutest Happy Meal box with the cutest, tiniest fry holder you ever did see. They had two available toys, and they let her pick, car or guitar. She picked the car. Matt was proud because technically the car was the "boy" toy. (The guitar was pink and played the Barbie theme.)



I got chicken nuggets. Not nearly as yummy as my last McD's experience, but what do you expect from nuggets, I guess. I did get an Oreo McFlurry, and that was rather tasty :) After dinner and a piece of Halloween candy, it was time for bed.

This entry was posted on Monday, November 2, 2015 at Monday, November 02, 2015 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment