This Halloween season wasn't one of the better ones. Sad news. I think part of it had to do with the weather. October was ridiculously warm! (not complaining!) Typically we get together for dinner and do a haunted house, since Heather's birthday is Halloween. Alas, she and Tom decided they were too poor this year. (Understandable. Haunted houses are outlandishly priced!)
One highlight - UVU's library held a costume contest. For all intensive purposes, it's not over.... They'd take your picture.. and eventually they'll post it on their facebook page for their fans to vote on. Shawn and I were both vampiresses. (Let's face it, I was the hotter one. ;) ) We were going to get together after he got off work to watch a scary movie, but he didn't feel well.
My ward had a trunk or treat. (I hate the idea, btw.) However, I didn't go. I thought about it, but Matt worked until 6pm and then had to take a test. So I stayed home. We had 3 trick-or-treaters.
So, my actual Halloween day - class (where I got an AMAZING reaction ;), then I went to work.. only to find out we weren't working (door was locked, and no one was there). So I went up to Matt's work to visit. They were quite impressed with my costume as well :) After a little while, I decided to go home for a couple hours, where I recurled some of my hair, had lunch, and touched up my makeup. Then I went back to Orem for the contest :) On my way home, I went to Grandma and Grandpa Erdmann's house to pay the rent. I thought they wouldn't approve of my costume (I did stay mostly covered in my cloak though). Grandma was so taken with it that when Grandpa came home, she made him get the camera lol. So I visited with them for a while. Then on my way home from there, I decided to stop at Grandma Wilson's house. Koreen gave me a candy bar :) She and I also talked about buying a house. Apparently, she's been saving, looking, and learning about buying a house for awhile now. Later, Caleen and the kids came up. It was nice cuz I haven't seen or talked to Caleen in ages! Then I finally made it home, where I played Fable 2 and handed out candy to the three trick-or-treaters.
That was a really long paragraph. Now for the exciting part: PICTURES! Wahoo!
This entry was posted
on Saturday, November 1, 2008
at Saturday, November 01, 2008
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.
