Happy Birthday to ME!  

Posted by Amber

Well, since the library website has stopped working - thus preventing me from having any hope of finishing yet another damn paper (yes, I'm bitter), it seems like a good time to finish this blog (I started yesterday).

So Friday was my 23rd birthday. I went to school and then work - where there was a lot of work.... We had dinner at Matt's parents with brownies and ice cream for desert :) Matt's mom got me a set of little lotions and renewed our Ensign subscription. Matt's aunt got me a cute snowman candy jar that plays music when you open it.

We shared the eXfuze video and left them with a bottle of Seven + It was funny. We had his parents try it. Apparently, Matt's Dad's co-worker's wife (I'll let you process that ... ok) works for Tahitian Noni, so he's (the co-worker) is always bringing stuff in. When Mom handed him a glass, he asked, "Do I have to?" Fortunately, he said it wasn't as bad as the Noni stuff lol.

After that, we went up to my parents' because Gloria had made me a cake. So we had cake and hung out for a little bit. They gave me a card with $20.

Saturday, after Matt got off work, he took me to Body Worlds 3 at The Leonardo. Shawn came with us too. It was fun and interesting, though a little long. It was kind of fun to see brain structures. They had the basal ganglia from.. someone.. I've learned about that in my physiological psych class! Also of note was the left congenital hip dysplasia - that's me! It was weird to see a version of what I was born with. We also really liked the nervous system - a brain with all the nerves... and that's it. It was like a fuzzy human form lol. My favorite, though, was the baby section. They started at 5 weeks I believe - so tiny! Did you know that at 9 weeks, you can see fingers and toes? It was amazing - and so sad. they then jumped to what actually looked like babies - not "lizard babies" as Shawn liked to call those in the tubes. I think I would have enjoyed the downstairs part more had it been intermixed with the other stuff, or had there been less of the featured heart stuff. That was where it got a little long. Not to mention, the little info things they had were kind of redundant. I guess that's in case you didn't feel like reading one a few feet back in the room? Then it got to be, "look at the pretty dead people..." Overall, it was good. I think it would have been fun to go with Dr. Yells for a field trip.

Afterward, we went to dinner at Denny's and had fun hanging out, especially since I haven't seen Shawn in ages! My poor Matt has been sick, though, so he was pretty quiet. Funny thing - they seated us in a party room in the back - we were the only ones there. I found it amusing. Shawn thinks they knew we were trouble, and they didn't want us to pester the other guests. Could be, we did enter by talking about crack and meth.... (for a reason - there was a beggar lady that we [Shawn] gave $5 to....)

And that was the extent of my birthday.

This entry was posted on Saturday, December 6, 2008 at Saturday, December 06, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Sounds like a pretty exciting birthday.

December 8, 2008 at 8:40 AM

Post a Comment