So initially, I wrote a HUGE Christmas blog. However, I lost internet connection not very far into it, so it was all lost. Then I got the brilliant idea to break it up. So this particular post is dedicated to what we got, so as to not distract from the posts about the festivities. I know, I know. I'm slow in finishing up Christmas. Deal.
Grandma and Granpa Covalt gave us a little basket with oranges and lollipops (they were nummy :)), along with a pic from the nativity we did last year. We did a white elephant this year, and I scored Hip Hop Abs! I was way excited. Now if only I used it... I don't remember what Matt got though.
From Grandma and Grandpa Erdmann, we got the usual Christmas letter and updated Pertinent Information sheet, along with universal gift cards (aka cash).
Grandma and Grandpa Christiansen gave us a tower box with truffels. Grandma also made beanies and pot holders - we picked two beanies :). At the same party, Randy and Janelle had us, and we got a HUGE bag full of edible goodies - and some adorable novelty chapsticks.
Grandma and Grandpa Wilson also opted for cash this year instead of gift cards. Steven gave us $15 worth of gift cards to Deseret Book. Even though David and Edna weren't there, they had dropped off their gifts, and Benjamin gave me a cute set of porceline dolls :) Megan had Matt and gave him a Wal-mart gift card.
On Christmas, we did our presents and went to Matt's parents'. Matt got me David Archuleta's and Akon's cds. He also got me a Happy Bunny calendar with tickets to Rockapella New Year's Eve taped to it :) I also got myself Gilmore Girls season 7, a cute figurine thing that says, "Families are Forever," and new gloves.
I got Matt a new shaver (as per his request). He also got The Office (US version) seasons 1 and 2. In his stocking was a new water bottle (since he always drinks out of mine!), some microfiber cloths to clean his glasses with (once again, so he doesn't steal mine...), and a last minute Guitar Hero toy - courtesy of the cereal box. He enjoyed it, lol.
Bhuvan also had a stocking, in which was a new toy and a snack thing.
The "family" (yes, Matt and I do make a family, but it's still kinda weird to call them family gifts when there's only two of us) got V for Vendetta and House MD seasons 1, 2, and 3.
My parents also got us toilet paper and tissues (apparently this is some tradition - would anyone like to fill me in on it?), and HUGE bath sheets with our names embroidered on them.
This year at Matt's house, Jason and Camile had us. They got us Oreos (which I think I got like 5... Matt and Devan ate most of them... actually, probably mostly Devan...) and made us an ADORABLE shelf to hang Matt's llama rug from Peru on. Now if I could get Matt to put it up...
His parents got us The Princess Bride, Mind Errand from the Lord by Elder Packer, hot chocolate mix :D, a Chile's gift card, and a food storage starter kit. In his stocking was a box of chocolates. His aunt Lynell gave us a cute Christmas book along with an Olive Garden gift card. Matt also got a flying monkey... that's right, a flying monkey.
I think that is all. Sorry if I've forgotten anything. We also received various Christmas cards and letters, and treats in Heather's case (so I ate all those oreos myself :)). Thanks everyone for your thoughtfulness :)
This entry was posted
on Monday, December 29, 2008
at Monday, December 29, 2008
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.
