This year, I actually let Matt sleep in to a decent hour. (Last year, I think I was excited about our first Christmas, cuz we were up early...) However, we were awakened a few minutes before my alarm (set for 8am) by Matt's sister Jennifer, wanting to know if we could come down then (the plan was for 10am). I guess mom said they had to wait to exchange sibling gifts until everyone was there lol. So we got up and openned our presents. We actually got to Payson like 10:15 or so.
We had breakfast with the fam and went around and opened gifts. Then we hung out and played their new game, Curses. Laws that was funny. I recommend videotaping any session of that game. It's definitely worth putting on YouTube at least. During our game was our call with Matt's brother Curtis, on an LDS mission in Florida, spanish speaking. That was the most talkative I think I've ever seen (not litterally seen, obviously) him. We had a good little conversation. It was good to talk to him, since I haven't written him at all and Matt doesn't let me know what is going on with him anymore.
After that and we finished our game, we just hung out for awhile. Matt ended up taking a nap for a bit too. This is awful, but I don't really recall what happened after that. At some point, we got Devan to carry most our gifts to our car, in exchange for him coming over and playing Halo 3 with Matt for hours on end. He also stayed the night and got to play Halo in the morning too. (And this is how Devan was able to eat all our Christmas candy before I even saw it ;). )
And that was the extent of our festivities on Christmas day.
This entry was posted
on Thursday, January 8, 2009
at Thursday, January 08, 2009
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.
