Last Full Semester!!!  

Posted by Amber

I have embarked on the last leg of my undergraduate journey - it's about time! This is my last full semester ever (unless I feel the urge to spend 30k and get a master's). I still have one last class to take this summer, but that shouldn't be too bad since it will be the only one! Anyway, I want to do my synopsis like I did for fall.

MWF Family Financial Management with Ron Hammond
So far it's been a nice open forum to discuss how to be cheap. Savvy Shopper Deals is mentioned always. Ron and his wife are coupon clippers - to the extreme. Today he brough in some trophy receipts - amazing savings! However, I don't know if I could bring myself to be a clipper - it's a lot of work! We also have to keep track of our budget and anything we spend for the whole semester. It's at least a deterrent to spending money. At the store the other day, I even bought some cereal in a bag because it is cheaper. Baby steps I guess.

TR Anthropology of Mormonism with Ed Andrus
I love Ed! This is my third class from him. At least I know what to expect workload-wise. Unfortunately, I don't still own one of the books we're using (again)... but since I've read it once or twice, I'm not too worried.

TR Psychopharmacology with Dr. Yells
Also same setup as Physiological Psych, only this semester, it's all about the drugs! Should be a fun class. My goal is to at least pick a paper topic and start finding articles early.

TR Ancient Anthropology with Haagen Klaus
Or as Dr. Klaus would prefer - Archaeology thoery and method. The book is intense, but I'm getting used to it. This will be my most labor intensive class, I think. 10 page paper at the end and 3 essay tests - at least the final isn't comprehensive. My goal is to pick a topic for this paper pretty quickly too. However, he requires we use the American Antiquity style - I've used APA since high school! At least he provides a style guide, and it looks pretty easy. Man, do I hate papers.

This entry was posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 at Monday, January 12, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

YEAH! You can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Congrats!

January 13, 2009 at 7:05 AM

Post a Comment