New Year's Eve  

Posted by Amber

So, as I mentioned, Matt got me tickets to the Rockapella concert on New Year's Eve at the McKay Events Center. I was way excited. I had dropped hints that it'd be fun to go to - but Matt already had the tickets before I said anything! (Not sure how he knew I would enjoy them...) So we went to UVU with Garth and Sarah, who also had tickets.

There were two opening acts, Noteworthy and The Osmonds 2nd Generation. Noteworthy was okay - the dumb sound people had serious issues though. On their last song, they didn't find the lead mic until like the last 2 notes. It was unfortunate. I wasn't excited about the Osmonds 2nd Generation either. In fact, I have tried to avoid them for awhile. BUT - I was most pleasantly surprised! They put on an amazing show, and with a medley of oldies, how can you go wrong? Sadly, my entourage sat there unenthused. Though, Matt and Garth had this dire need to clap not on the beat - literally anywhere but the beat. Boys are so annoying sometimes.

After an amazing show by 2ndG, there was an intermission while they prepped for Rockapella. It has been many moons since I've seen them, and I was quite thrown when there were 2 black guys in the group. (Not racist, I just really didn't recall any the last two times I had seen them.) Naturally, it was a little different, but it was still amazing. Scott, who produces, writes, and arranges, has been there forever. He has a very distinctive voice and style which, of course, is associated with Rockapella. George, the bass, has an AMAZING range, which he got to exhibit in a solo. It was nice to see all the parts getting more equal spotlight time now. Once again, I was dancing and having a good time - and hitting Matt and Garth for clapping like idiots :)

We didn't stay and pay to go to the dance party after (though it would have been sweet to see David Archuleta). Instead, we dropped the Collins's off and headed to Grandma Wilson's for games and food. Matt wasn't feeling well, so we actually left a little after 11pm. It was the first year in a VERY long time that I didn't stay up until midnight to ring in the new year. I must be getting old when sleep wins over a chance to party and make a lot of noise. We went to bed between 11:30 and 11:45, so it's not like staying up until midnight would have been a hard thing to accomplish. Once we were home though, there wasn't really much point. The new year will come whether or not I decide to make a big hullabaloo about it.

This entry was posted on Saturday, January 10, 2009 at Saturday, January 10, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment