Yet Another Update  

Posted by Amber

The blog has been overhauled for Valentine's Day! I was all planned ahead with a V-day header, but then TCBOTB didn't have many backgrounds that were the same color tones. There was one, and it was cute, but it was generic - and I fell in love with this background. So I had to make a new header. That's okay, cuz I think it's cute. :)

That wasn't much of an update, so here's some real news. We'll start with the house. Matt finally talked to his boss, and he's going to waive the July requirement since Matt has actually been working there for almost 2 years. (Thanks Dave!) So in March, Matt will apply for jobs in the Phoenix area. We also decided on a realtor, Pam Jackson. My step-sister used her and loved her. She's also had a lot of friends and clients use her - and they all loved her too. I can't wait until April when we can actually go look at properties - and hopefully make an offer!

**Somewhat graphic information to follow**
Moving along :) - a few of you are a bit more intimately aware of the pregnancy journey. Two weeks ago (on a Tuesday) - I had some spotting and light bleeding. Now my darling cousin, Natalie, had implantation bleeding, so I called her and asked what it was like on Thursday. It sounded promising, so I tested. Negative. I tested again... I think Saturday - Negative. This past Saturday (like a week from testing), I was still randomly bleeding (light - and way long - nothing at all like my normal period). So I call my aunt, Koreen, who happens to be a nurse. By now, I've researched all my options (ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, and anovulation). She suggests that I call the doc on Monday if it is still going on.

Well Monday morning comes, and there's nothing, so I don't worry about it. Monday night - more bleeding. This morning, bright red bleeding, so I finally call the doctor. There, they drew my blood to do a pregnancy test and to test for anemia since it's been 2 weeks. Pregnancy test - Negative. Red blood cell count - 41 %, which is normal. So Dr. Money decided I probably didn't ovulate last cycle (ya, I really didn't know it could happen either - go figure, and it causes long and light periods).

Basically, since we're trying to get pregnant, he advised against hormonal treatment to stop the bleeding (doubling or tripling on birth control for a cycle), but to just wait it out. However, if I'm still bleeding by next Tuesday - I need to call him again. It's obnoxious, but it's still close enough to going off the pill that I'm blaming that ;)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at Tuesday, January 27, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

That sucks! It's a period that never ends! How annoying! I hope it goes away soon. Good luck on the house hunt.

January 28, 2009 at 8:32 AM

I love your header too! Hopefully having a baby works out soon for you. That would be great. Having kids are awesome you'll love it. Hope it all works for the best for you! good luck!

January 28, 2009 at 2:25 PM

I skipped a month of ovulating also right before I got pregnant! I called the Dr. when I was 2 weeks late and pregnancy tests were negative and he ordered blood tests... too make a long story short my body didn't ovulate for an entire cycle! I didn't end up having another period since I got pregnant on that ovulation, but I was really scared!! Good luck, and I hope it stops soon!!

January 30, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Post a Comment