After we dropped Bhuvan off, we stopped at Wal-Mart to get crackers and cheese balls for dinner (as per our assignment - I think cheese balls are so weird). Took FOREVER to find the stupid cheese balls. Then, they only had sharp cheddar and port... hmmm two cheddars I suppose. Then we embarked on the 3 hour drive to St. George!
I fell asleep for at least half the trip. Car rides are so boring... It rained for the last bit of the drive - and that evening in St. George. We got to Shane & Monica's just in time for dinner - and even then, we waited for a while. Dinner was good. Then we stayed for hours.... that was kind of boring. When Greg & Makayla finally decided they were leaving - we were able to follow them to their house (where we were staying). Chase gave up his room for us to stay in. Morris & Susan were also staying there, and Mom & Dad came over, and stayed at Greg's parent's house (next door). We played a little rockband on the wii. It's been a long while - I sucked! So we let the girls take over :) I hung out upstairs for most the night. We watched Legally Blonde and played in the Cookie Lee jewelry. Susan and I have similar tastes. :) Myron & Maritza were also over visiting, though they didn't sleep there. We had fun.
Friday morning, I went Black Friday shopping with Greg and Morris. We left late - 6am. It was fun to get to know them better. Morris is such a tease! Oh to have siblings... :) (remember, I am an only child!) We went to Wal-Mart. Greg was absolutely brilliant - we checked out at photo - no lines!Then they dropped me off at Target while they went to Lowe's. Then we also stopped at Robert's for a Christmas/Anniversary present for Makayla. Perchance I shouldn't put that? Sorry if I'm ruining any surprises! Anyway, we got back around 8am. Matt was still asleep, and I went back to sleep for an hour or so.
I really enjoyed Friday because it was pretty laid back. Everyone had a barbeque lunch with their dad, so Dad, Gloria, and us hung out. We first visited some friends of Gloria's. They manage some apartments next to the temple. This was the view from the car window:
Next, we went to Bajio's for lunch - I was craving a burrito. Here's a picture of Gloria and Dad. I had Dad take one of us, but there's a window behind us, and the flash didn't go off, so it's pretty dark.
Next, we went to Santa's Workshop - which is a huge boutique of random stuff. I got a headband - one of those ribbon ones with the ties on the ends. We also got a cute pic of the Manti temple, and gifts for both our parents.
Us at Santa's Workshop
That afternoon, we met up with most everyone again and headed over to some guy's house (I don't recall his name) to hear a presentation on the business that Greg & Makayla and Dad & Gloria are in - eXfuze. It was pretty sweet. Check out the site - let us know if you're interested - in either the product, the business, or both! (I'll have to blog on it further - cuz this is already ridiculously long.) We got a picture here too, because his dog, Zeus, is freaking HUGE! I needed pictures for proof and comparison! I seriously could ride him like a pony...After the meeting, we quickly ate some leftovers and headed over to the church for Chase's Eagle court of honor. Way to go, Chase! We're so proud of you!
Earlier that night, the temple Christmas lights were lit - so we swung over to see those.
The Nativity
The temple (and some Christmas lights)
Us in front of the temple - in our PJs
Finally, Saturday morning we took family pictures. When they were all done with us, we headed home. I looked dang good, so when we were about to Payson (yes, there was more sleeping), I took a pic of us :) We picked up Bhuvan and headed home.
