Argh, Matey!  

Posted by Amber

Matt and I haven't been out on a date in a while (probably since our anniversary trip). Well, Matt had no plans tonight (and no side-kick - thank goodness!) and I had no appointments.  We decided to go to Pirate Island where the University Mall Theatre used to be.  IT ROCKS!

I'd heard good things about it from people at work, and apparently so had Matt.  We had about a half hour wait, so we checked out the arcade and then the gift shop.  The gift shop guy was kind of cool. (He reminded me of you, Andrew - the timbre of his voice... and he looked like you a little bit.  Not quite as charismatic, though.)  Anyway, they sell knives, so he pulled out a (fake)jewel-encrusted dirk for me to look at.  Then we wandered to the other counter, and he knew I was interested in the rings, so he pulled them out too.  After that, we went back to the arcade. 

Matt got us $10 worth of pirate coins.  We first shot targets with shot guns.  They had a cute setup.   Matt shot some hoops, then we played some other shooting game...Matt died first. We played quite a few games and ended up with 250 tickets.  Sadly, someone was always at Deal or No Deal.  I really wanted to play that!  For our 250 tickets, we got a pirate ball.  It has the clear ball around it, so the image always faces up.  Then when it hits something hard, it lights up.  (Matt's pick.)  At that point, it was time for us to be seated. 

Our waiter, Jarom, was awesome!  He had the most authentic costume and did Captain Sparrow too well :)  He was amazing.  Matt said next time we should ask for him lol.  Let's just say he was well-tipped.  Matt got a steak and I had pizza.  Oh! and we also got Sea Biscuits (breadsticks) with marinara sauce as an appetizer.  It was the best date night ever!  At least in a very long time.  We definitely intend on going back - and soon!  I highly urge you to try it!

This entry was posted on Saturday, September 26, 2009 at Saturday, September 26, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I have been wondering about that place, but I have never known what it was. Thanks! I think I'll check it out.

September 28, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Post a Comment