Enchantment  

Posted by Amber

It seems to be all the rage to either have a dedicated "book blog," or to at least ocassionally blog about a recent read.  This isn't exactly the reason for this post, but it does seem to fit the trend :)

A few weeks ago, I was bored and needed to stay up north for some reason or another. (I probably just had a meeting in Lindon and didn't want to drive all the way home for an hour or two after getting off of work.) So naturally, I did a little shopping.  (My gas saving efforts thwarted by the $ spent elsewhere...)  Anyway, I didn't even want to drive to downtown Provo to go to my beloved Waldenbooks, so I stopped in at Barnes & Noble. (This is what happens when I take my other current read out of my bag the night before...oops!)  Naturally, I head straight over to the Sci Fi/Fantasy section.  I perused the selections and picked up one or two.  I found Paul of Dune was out in paperback, which I had not been aware of.  However, I knew that wasn't what I wanted to read.  (I need to refresh myself on the series first.)  So I continued to peruse.  I paused at the Orson Scott Card selection.  I really enjoyed Ender's Game.  I even bought Speaker for the Dead, but never really got into it.  Then, next to the Ender's and Ender's Shadow series, there was Enchantment.



Now, it has been ages since I picked up a random book to read, much less to buy to read.  So I read the first few pages, and decided to go ahead and buy it. I finished it a week or so ago, but I must say, it was really good!  I usually like the more Sci Fi side, but this was more of the Fantasy realm.  I liked the fresh take, as well.  Anyway, I would highly recommend reading it. :)

**To purchase, click the picture.**

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at Tuesday, September 15, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

I really enjoyed the Shadow series, but I hated the Ender series. The first on is the only good one. I don't consider myself a huge Orson Scott Card fan, but a fantasy by him does sound intriguing.

September 16, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Yes, that's what I've heard - the Shadow series being better. Alas, I've not ever read more but Ender's Game.

September 16, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Post a Comment