NOT to go to bed angry has clearly never been married. Retard. Seeing as how it is about 5:30 in the morning, these events will be referred to as "yesterday." I don't know what our deal was yesterday. I spent ALL freaking day at the office. First the training meeting from 9 to 11. Then I talked with Zack, my RVP, then I sat through the first half of the life insurance class - which went way longer than anticipated. (That happens when you take an hour dinner break. :p) Anyway, so I left a little early because I had a 7:30pm appointment, and I told Matt I'd pick him up. The appointment was fine, but the real issues started on the way home. (A neat trick when you live not even 5 minutes away.)
Dad had called while we were in the appointment asking if we were having dinner with them tomorrow... er... today, rather. So I called him back and he mentioned they had just got home from my cousin's wedding reception. I was a tad in shock at the news. I knew that he and his wife were thinking about divorce for awhile, but I never knew it had happened. Last I heard, she had decided her marriage was worth it, so she was going to work on it. Anyway, that apparently didn't happen, and my cousin got remarried. Shocking in and of itself when I had no idea he had even been divorced. More shocking, is not receiving any announcement whatsoever. Matt told me that a second marriage isn't something one would usually want to parade around, but ... we're family! Whatever. So in my shock and little bit of hurt about being left out on this fact, I apparently sounded angry. Matt didn't appreciate that and asked why I had to be upset with him. This, of course, made me a little upset. (Stupid.)
Anyway, we got over that for a little moment. Then I asked Matt if he had noticed White Peaks finally got their new kilts (after a couple years). (This wasn't completely random, Matt had been watching videos from the Pleasanton games.) I'm still upset that Don didn't bother calling to say, "Hey, I know you ordered a kilt like five years ago. They're finally in, did you still want to buy it?" That's right - five freaking years I've been waiting for that d*** kilt. They finally show up four months after I quit the band, and I don't even get offered to try it on? Anyway, I was venting this, because it clearly still pisses me off, and Matt was interrupting me and saying things that made it sound like it didn't matter and that my being upset was unnecessary. All I wanted was to vent. Anyway, him not wanting to listen to me made me stop talking and made me upset again.
Then! (I told you it was a bad night. This was all in the space of like 2 hours.) stupid Windows Vista needs permission to do anything. My java updater kept popping up asking permission to continue. I finally gave in and told it yes, but it still kept popping up. Matt said I had to click the thing at the bottom to tell it to continue. I didn't realize I needed to continue 2 things, so I snapped at him, then realized what he was saying, but the damage was done and he snapped back,so I left the room. While I was hanging out on the bed, my favorite (read: NOT) person came over to play Halo until, I am assuming, he could pick his wife up from work. Probably shouldn't leave that comment since his wife is a follower on my blog, but that's too bad. Anyway, so I stayed in our room and finally dozed off. Matt came in around 11 or a little bit after, but he still thought I was mad because he woke me up and I kept giving the bird back to him and kind of ignoring him (I was sleeping!). Anyway, he apparently fell asleep at some point as well.
I just woke up before 5am, and I'm not really mad. This always happens. We'll go to bed annoyed with each other or whatever, then when we wake up, it's like it never happened. Maybe it is because we live with each other, so after having time to relax, there's no point in being mad still. I know we could probably gain something from learning to actually communicate, but our issues generally are stupid little things anyway. So far, sleeping it off has worked quite well. So whoever said not to go to bed angry was stupid. I suppose it would be good advice if there were some "real" issue, but I don't think we have too many of those. To end, I want to leave you with a little clip of Jeff Dunham. If you only want the part relating to this post, move it to 0:55 and watch until 1:02. Or you can watch the whole thing (it's the secont part of his monologue from his Spark of Insanity video, so you'll have to go to youtube to see all of it, but it's still funny!)
This entry was posted
on Sunday, September 13, 2009
at Sunday, September 13, 2009
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.
