Onion Days 2009  

Posted by Amber

I have decided that I love holiday weekends! That - or just not working... Anyway, for the heck of it, I'm going to start on Saturday - my 5 year high school reunion (Thanks, Jessica, for making one happen!). It was fun. We only did a barbecue.  None of my "group" was there, but there were some choir friends I got to talk to.  Matt even found someone he knew to occupy his time.  Afterward, we went to Matt's aunt Lynell's house where people were watching the BYU game. (*sigh* BYU pulled off a win.) It was rather entertaining for me - the satellite kept having issues, so they were listening to the game on the radio, then they'd ocassionally get to see what happened.
Skipping Sunday (primary program practice... ugh)
Monday - Labor day! We made it to Payson just after the start of the parade.  K, a little more than that, but in comparison to where we were sitting - it was just after the beginning.  We met up with Matt's family and hung out there. WP has grown in numbers.  Ian and Robbie were crazy enough to march the parade twice (once with the HS then again with WP)  I got succesfully sunburned again.  Not too bad, though.
Payson High School Pipe Band
Salem Hills High School Marching Band
Cool folk dancers - Ballet Solana
White Peaks Centennial Pipe Band
I think this was American Beauty - mostly their entry was my favorite!
One of a few giant tractors
After the parade, we hung out at Matt's parents and had pizza. Yum!  It's kind of exciting to see extended family so much (some Saturday, Monday, then again tomorrow!)  We were entertained by Melody and Jennifer country swing dancing.  McKade and I learned some sign language for some primary songs. Matt napped.  These were the highlights :)
Melody and Jennifer dancing while Dad watches
Matt and I then went to the park - I was thinking of playing at the carnival - at least the farris wheel.  However, it was so bloody expensive! Nothing too cool at the boutiques either.  Matt wasn't feeling too well, so he didn't even play any games to try to win prizes. After our stroll around the park, we headed home.  Traffic SUCKED! We got off the next exit and went through town to get home.

Later, we took a ride (traffic still bad, but we avoided Northbound I-15) to check out some townhomes.  We'd driven past before, but now they are CHEAP! Because, you see, the inside isn't done.  Now just have to wait for the realtor to get the scoop on them to see if we want to do anything about them.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at Tuesday, September 08, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

How come you and Matt didn't march in the parade. I looked for you when White Peaks came by, but I only saw Swan and Stubbs.

September 9, 2009 at 9:11 AM

That's because neither Matt nor I are playing in White Peaks now.

September 9, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Did you see me in the Parade! I was dressed as a scarecrow runnnig with the farm fest wagon.

September 11, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Post a Comment