On Thursday, June 9th, Shades of Brown competed in the Art City Days Battle of the Bands. I was lucky enough to get off early to make it down there. They did a good job, and Chase is improving :) However, their sound technician struggled - a lot. Apparently they booked so full that they didn't even have time to sound check stuff. Fail. So, I won't post the vids. However, here are some pics taken by the very talented Kari Ann Haskell of Kariann Photography.
As if Matt hadn't had enough of playing drums already, on Friday, June 10th, White Peaks had to play at the tattoo for the Utah Scottish Festival at Thanksgiving Point. I got off early to go up. I watched all of the band stuff, the BYU Air Force ROTC drill (which is always fun), and some of Molly's Revenge. I didn't stay for the Wicked Tinker's though. It worked out alright because we had to be back early in the morning for Matt to solo. :)
The band playing at the tattoo - presentation of the bands or something like that.
Saturday, June 11th, it was the Utah Scottish Festival at Thanksgiving Point. I took only a handful of pictures, but I did take videos :) Matt placed 2nd in both MSR and Hornpipe/Jig out of 3 - so that's improvement :)
Matt's MSR
Matt's Hornpipe/Jig
My random pictures from the day:
Over the years, one of the tent legs has gone missing. Swan solved the problem this year by employing the fence ;)
Order of Play
We came back from shopping to find Matt asleep in his chair - cute, isn't he? :)
These signs made me laugh - posted around the athletics field
Videos of the band's performance:
March Medley
Timed Medley
This entry was posted
on Sunday, June 19, 2011
at Sunday, June 19, 2011
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.












