Mom and Dad Biggs went down to Joe's Valley Reservoir and the Castle Valley Pageant the first weekend in August. I invited ourselves down too ;) We didn't camp, but we went down for the pageant. Matt and I had both been. I can't even tell you how many years it has been since I've gone, though :) I was super excited to take Henlie and do all of the Pioneer Village stuff before the pageant.
It's like a 2 1/2 hour drive down there. Henlie napped part of the way, and when she woke up, she didn't do so hot. She threw up a little bit on the way down. :( Poor girl. Sometimes on long drives, she is fine. Other times, not so much. At least it wasn't as bad as when we went to my parent's house last... Also, naturally, it's the one time I don't have a change of clothes for her...
Grandma and Grandpa Christiansen were supposed to be camping as well, but I guess Grandpa wasn't doing too great with his knees (I think, I'm not positive of the reason at this point), so they didn't go down. Instead, John and Lynell went down in their place.
We finally made it to Joe's Valley and found where Mom and Dad were camped. We hung out for a little while. Matt took a nap while dinner was being made, since I was making him drive home after the pageant :D
When we got there, it was a little drizzly. Henlie and I played in the rain a little. It didn't bother her one bit. When it stopped, we went for a little walk. She loved all of the rocks so readily available. It's one of her favorite things, collecting rocks. I'm always throwing them out of my house :)
After our yummy dinner and peach pie for dessert, it was time to head back to Castle Dale for the pageant. Holy Hannah - that is a STEEP hill! But we made it! We saved everyone seats since we arrived first, and then went down to Pioneer Village. (Fun Fact: They have reserved the first couple benches in the middle for senior citizens. We almost sat there since John qualifies :))
Next stop was Prairie diamonds. Matt and I got new ones, and then they even shrunk one down for Henlie. It was so cute! And she was adorable telling these old men thank you :)
Next, we wandered around and met up with Grandma and McKade at the teepees. Henlie made a new little friend while exploring the teepees, and McKade enjoyed the view. Matt even played photog for a family.
Then we grabbed some sampler cobbler from the dutch ovens and watched the blacksmith do his thing.
Next to the blacksmith shop, a lady was spinning some yarn. She let Henlie take a little wool home. It was Henlie's sheep. haha.
Then we checked out the wares in the museum. Unfortunately, my pictures inside the museum are mostly blurry :/ Henlie and I both got to wear a shawl, though.
After finishing up our cobbler, we picked up some honey candy (turns out, I'm not a fan). I also snagged some bread with honey butter. Because I do love honey butter :)
Henlie loved the wagon ride so much. She wasn't ready to be done. Fortunately for her, they had two wagons going, and Grandma, Grandpa, and McKade were in line for the other one. So we cut in with them and let her have a ride on the other wagon with them :)
Really, though, it was great. Henlie did great, even though it was super late. When we got back to our car, I changed her diaper and put her in PJs, using the trunk as my staging ground. We eventually made it home and to bed. I was going to make Matt drive to Rockport (1 1/2 hours the other direction) on Saturday for the Robinson reunion, but we totally didn't make it. I was saddened, but it was for the best. We were wiped out!










































