On June 10th, I tested my new wrap with a walk to the park with both kids on my own. Henlie had lost all shows for the day, so I thought a few hours at the park would be a good distraction, and then she could take a nap on our way back home. I made some sandwiches and cookies and sliced an apple and packed a blanket so we could have a picnic.
Andrew and me hanging out at the playground while sister plays.
I let her play on the playground for awhile, and she made a couple new friends. She and this little girl really took to each other. Henlie even taught her to pick up the leaves and drop them by the tree haha. Eventually, though, she stopped being a good listener (which was why she lost shows in the first place), so we left to have our picnic.
Happily playing. It wasn't crowded at all :)
Mom, Andrew, and Henlie
Her new little friend. They're throwing leaves to the tree.
Then they got a little boy friend too. They had a grand time.
While we were eating, I met the creepy guy my friend and our babysitter have told me about. (At least, I hope it's the same one.) Basically, he asked me something, and I'm all, I don't understand. I don't speak Spanish (only, I actually know how to say that much in Spanish :)) Anyway, he eventually sits down and joins us, on occasion trying to tell me things. When I tell him I don't understand, he gets all up in my ear to tell me....and I'm all like...that doesn't help, and you're creepy. Now, we were eating, and Andrew was nursing, and I couldn't exactly get up and go. He tried to hold my hand a couple times and I just pulled away. Now, before anyone gets too upset, I didn't actually feel threatened. It was more like he had some disability and didn't get social cues. And of course, since I couldn't talk to him, it didn't help. Anyway, we finished up and packed everyone and everything up and he acted like he was going to come with us. So we just stopped and he left, and then I high-tailed it home. It was an exciting first adventure out, for sure.

Picnic time!
Before the creepy guy joined us.
This entry was posted
on Monday, August 24, 2015
at Monday, August 24, 2015
and is filed under
Andrew,
Henlie,
Lima
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.