Christmas Eve Parties  

Posted by Amber

As stated in the last post, we had two parties this Christmas Eve.  Grandma JeanAnn hosted the Biggs/Christiansen party at 4pm and the traditional Wilson party was at 5pm.  We only stayed at the Biggs' party for about an hour before heading to Koreen's for the Wilson party, so the only pictures involve Matt's cousin's new puppy - isn't she adorable?
She's trying to convince Matt she's cute.  He thinks she's too little to be called a dog....

Even though we showed up to Koreen's at like 5:30/5:45, they still hadn't started dinner.  (I told Matt we could stay at JeanAnn's longer....)  Anyway, this year, Kim, Kari, and Kris decided we needed to play a game. Just a gift pass along where you have to trade if someone wants your gift, but you can't trade it back, you have to trade elsewhere first.  It was kind of entertaining to watch at times.


Our program gets shorter and shorter every year.  It used to be the grandkids would sing a song we learned in school, or played a Christmas tune on whatever instrument we were learning, but most of us are older now and don't bother.  So instead, Benjamin and Rebecca treated us to a few songs.
Jingle Bells

Since we have new members in our family, Grandma told the story of Ranny again. :)


Then after singing Christmas songs for a bit, I read the Luke 2 Christmas story while Koreen played Silent Night, after which we all sung Silent Night.  That's just tradition :) (Oh, and go me for not crying this year! I was, however, still sick, so I had to pause to cough a few times
:(  However, it still made Karen cry I noticed when I was done, which got me teary.  My mom used to be the one to read the story, you see....)

After Silent Night, it's present time!











 Christmas Eve is also the day David proposed to Kim :)








Sorry I didn't add some more captions, but I'm just not feeling it.  Besides, most of these are on my Facebook.

This entry was posted on Monday, January 3, 2011 at Monday, January 03, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment