I love Saturdays - I don't have to work, and usually I can hang out at my house (or clean it if I'm in the mood). Matt and I also get to spend the whole day together, and sometimes we like to do things like going to the aviary (last Saturday). I mostly love any day I don't have to work, but Saturdays are better than Sundays (does that make me a bad person?) because Sundays you're limited on what types of activities you can do - like no shopping. Even though we have memberships to the aviary and zoo (hence wouldn't have to pay...), I don't go because I don' t want to support other people having to work on Sunday. So, Saturdays are generally my favorite day. This Saturday, though, we had lots going on..... okay, I had lots going on :)
To start, Matt's littlest brother, McKade, was baptised. It was great because most of the family participated in the program in some way, and we got to visit with extended family. :) After the baptism, we went to Matt's parents for lunch and more socializing.
Dad and McKade before his baptism
In their suits back at the house
Matt and I left to pick up a gift for McKade and to do grocery shopping, because I had limited time before I was off to a bridal shower for a school friend of mine, Monique. :) Between running late with trying to get a photo printed, and then losing my phone, and then having to try to find my way in Spring Lake, I got to the shower about 30 minutes late. It was okay though, I don't think they'd really started any of their activities. It was good to see some friends from high school again. :) We played a few fun games and just caught up with each other. Monique got some great stuff, too. And her family fed us an awesome dinner (soup in bread bowls and lots of nummy treats!)
Nikki opening gifts
Dumping packing peanuts into Alicia's lap
Lici with her packing peanuts
Opening JoLyn's gift
Friends! (minus Ashley cuz she had to leave)
Savannah, Monique, Alicia, Amber, JoLyn
This entry was posted
on Monday, January 10, 2011
at Monday, January 10, 2011
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.

