Very Blessed  

Posted by Amber

BTW - this is my 150th post! woot!

So I had my first presidency meeting Wednesday night.  I left a bit overwhelmed, but I'm back in control now. :)  I know that I need this calling.  I have never felt so much like I need to do all of the things I should be doing anyway.  Since I was called, I've studied the handbook and the sharing time booklet.  I've been trying to say a good prayer at night.  I pseudo read scriptures Wednesday night (looked up scriptures on baptism via my phone and lds.org because I was already in bed and didn't want to go get my actual scriptures).  I'm bad, I know.  I should be doing all of these types of things anyway, but I haven't been.  Or not consistently, but I know that's the only way I'm going to get through everything I need to do and the only way I'm going to feel prepared to fulfill this calling.  Already my life is doing better, and it's not even been a whole week :)  I'm having more meaningful prayer, and I'm happier.  I've also been blessed so much beyond general happiness.

For example, we're bird sitting our friends' bird while they're on a cruise (jealous? me too ;) )  Anyway, Simon is fun, but he is loud and demanding.  But, I've been praying for patience, and it's getting better.  I can tolerate his screaming a lot better now.  I'm also one for getting really annoyed at other drivers (still do - last night comes to mind), but I didn't curse up a storm at them.  I'd say that's improvement.  Though, I did let one swear out when I almost hit the wall because I was paying attention to the cop on the on ramp I was passing . . . . Don't worry, I didn't actually hit it.

Also, I offered to make the invitations for our baptism preview that is a week from Sunday, because I like to make cute things :)  I looked all over for some freebies to go along with baptism, but didn't find much.  So as I was going to bed, I came up with a fun design using just the words.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't my intellectual genius that did it though, because I'd been pooring over baptism preview ideas all night, and then as I laid in bed, I drew out this idea, which I implemented yesterday, and both the president and second counselor like it :)  I really wanted to stay away from an "8 is Great" or "It's great to be 8!" theme because we're inviting any kids who haven't been baptised, and I think 8 is Great is cheesy. 

I just love what getting back on track is doing for me and, I'm sure, my family.  Anyway, just felt I should share that with y'all.

(Here is what the invites look like! I like them - what do you think?)

This entry was posted on Friday, January 14, 2011 at Friday, January 14, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

See, they're already rolling in little by little. I'm kind of jealous about your big calling, but I've got a new adventure with my new calling - Compassionate Service Leader. First calling in RS for me, besides being a visiting teacher, since I've been married. I'm already busier and can feel my life changing for the better. Love it!

January 15, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Post a Comment