We have one friend from church who lives relatively near us. (Yay!) And so sometimes we meet at Parque El Olivar to hang out and let the kids play. This day, we decided to do lunch. Sometimes we meet up with Matt for lunch too, so we picked him up from work, picked up some lunch from his favorite ladies in the market downstairs next door, and walked to the duck pond to eat.
We saw two herons this day. The dude we saw before and then this guy :)
Umm, how cute are these three?
Sienna, Henlie, and Nigel, heading to get some koi food.
She loved feeding the fish. Too bad she can't throw well. The pigeons appreciated that, though.
Henlie, Sienna, Nigel, and Christina
See what I mean about the fish?
Half out of the water. Nutters.
Henlie watching the ducks.
Sienna, Henlie, and Nigel
Duck and Heron
Fuzzy babies!
Unfortunately, Muscovy ducks are not the prettiest breed. This one, wandering around the little island on the people side, kindly stopped to model for me when I asked. When I told it I got the picture and it could go on its way, it did just that.
It was probably one of the prettiest ducks there.
Heron again :)
"Hey kids, why don't you drop some of those Pringles over here?"
Actually, they did get some. Henlie turned away and left her Pringles in reach, and they took advantage.
Lol - she was fine. They just got a bite, not her hand, and she wasn't too upset about it. In fact, she thought it was kind of amusing.
They made some new friends, though. Norah and I don't know what the little boy's name is. They spoke English (oh, while they weren't white, there were TONS of gringos in the park this day. It was a little weird.), as did their mother. They played with our girls. The mom let Henlie play with her phone for a couple minutes, even. Sienna managed to get ahold of their bubbles and then let Henlie have a turn. They were still playing with the bubbles when it was time for them to go. lol We also left shortly after that. Matt had a meeting at 3pm, so I called (it was close to 4pm by this point) using Christina's phone, and he was all done. We walked back to his work and walked home with him. It was a fun day just hanging at the park for a few hours, letting the kids play, and talking to an adult! lol I miss that.
This entry was posted
on Thursday, January 22, 2015
at Thursday, January 22, 2015
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.














