Christmas Eve, we "attended" the traditional Wilson Christmas party. Thanks to my cousin, Elisabeth, we were skyped into the party. She brought her laptop so we could be mobile. She also figured out how to hook the laptop to Granny's TV so everyone could see and hear us. Granny still wanted me to read the Luke 2 story during our program, a tradition I've taken on since my mom passed away. It was great to still participate in the party and see everyone and visit a bit.
We ended up tagged in quite a few photos like this - Pictures of us on the TV or the computer.
This one is thanks to Kim, which I stole from Facebook :)
Notice Henlie is in her Christmas Eve jammies :)
Jammies!
She helped Daddy open his PJs.
Then she helped Mommy open her PJs :)
I also tried my hand at Peruvian hot chocolate. It turned out pretty yummy, although I kind of doubt I'll make it again. 2 scoops of Milo and 1 scoop of sugar in some microwaved milk is much quicker, thank-you-very-much. (Although, if you want to try it back home in the states, I read in the comments that using a super dark chocolate bar or baking chocolate works for the drinking chocolate bar. Everything else should be readily available to you.)
After the party and after Henlie went to bed, Matt and I stayed up. We had been warned about the Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve fireworks in Lima. Fortunately, Henlie slept through them. Since I didn't have to worry about her, I was able to enjoy the fireworks. It really is pretty cool. They were strongest from 12am to 1am, but there were fireworks from like 8pm to at least 2:30am. And for the next week. Sometimes when it wasn't even dark yet. I don't get it. But the display all over surpassed any Independence Day fireworks I've seen back in the States, even with us being where there are a lot of tall apartment buildings. Finally around midnight, I figured I should actually set out the presents and fill the stockings, so I did. Then I watched fireworks, and we went to bed super late :)
Fireworks at midnight as seen from our front window.
Stockings filled.
Presents under the tree.
This entry was posted
on Thursday, January 8, 2015
at Thursday, January 08, 2015
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.







