New Year's Eve 2014  

Posted by Amber

New Year's Eve, we were invited to another family in the ward's house for lunch, the Esquivels.  They live in La Molina, but Freddy offered to pick us up at the church since they live near there.  Henlie fell asleep in the taxi over, and she stayed asleep until we got to Freddy's house, which included a detour to Tottus for some ice cream for dessert.  We hung out at their house while lunch was being finished.  He has two girls who were cute playing with Henlie and sharing their toys.  His youngest also enjoyed watching a show on repeat, very loudly.  We chatted a bit.  Okay, Matt chatted.  Matt says I pick up on a lot of things in Spanish though, I just don't speak :)

 Playing with a dump truck.

 Watching Charlie and Lola - really loudly.

Playing with the tablet.

Lunch was very yummy, and we chatted a bit more.  Freddy's wife speaks a little English, so that was nice.  Matt told them after lunch that we were expecting, and they were surprised.  T-shirt and being a bit smaller I guess makes for not noticing these things :)

After chatting for awhile longer, it was time to go.  They live across the street from a park, so we had to make a detour for a minute to let Henlie swing and go down a slide before we got a taxi to go home.

 Swinging

Gabriela (Freddy's youngest) got out stickers.  I was trying to get a picture of the Hello Kitty sticker for my cousin Kim, but this is the best I got.  In the taxi on the way home.

The rest of our evening was pretty uneventful.  Henlie went to bed at her usual time and slept through the fireworks again.  Matt was pretty tired, but I stayed up to watch the fireworks :)

Family snuggles :)

 Fireworks as seen from our bedroom window.

I had to open my weather app because I didn't recognize the squiggly lines.  They mean smoke.  An apt description for a night of fireworks.
Also, you'll note I went to bed at 1am lol

This entry was posted on Monday, January 12, 2015 at Monday, January 12, 2015 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment