Dec. 22nd was Matt's work party. It was supposed to start at 6pm, and we probably got to his office around 5:45pm. Now, I know Peruvians are notorious for being late and nothing starting on time, but I wasn't prepared for just how late things start. My Mom's side of the family is pretty notorious for not starting on time much either, so I'm used to that. But there are limits :)
Anyway, Henlie napped on the way to the office. I prepped the gifts we got for Matt's employees while we waited. It is mostly why we arrived a little early, just in case we actually started at a decent hour :)
We got truffles for Matt's employees. I used the missionary pass-along cards as gift tags. Matt had been meaning to give them out anyway after a discussion about them not knowing if they could decorate for Christmas because they didn't know if Mormons celebrated Christmas :)
Henlie napping in her stroller.
She loved the flashing lights and finding the Santas on the tree.
They found a new secretary :)
Henlie and Franco playing before dinner.
Thanks to Ricardo for taking the picture :)
The chocolate cake :)
After dinner, it was presents. Henlie delivered the truffles to everyone, and Rosario and Betty had gotten something for everyone, including Henlie and Franco. Franco got a little plane from the movie Planes that rolls around and makes noise. Henlie got a giraffe which also makes a TON of noise. It is simultaneously the best and worst toy ever. She thought it was great. We find it very loud and annoying :) Hers didn't come with any batteries, so they raided batteries from remotes and put them in for her. She thought it was so great. They also got Matt some men's lotion (I didn't know it was a thing) and gave me a couple of bracelets.
Henlie and her giraffe. I was entertained because the box, while in English, definitely showed it was made in China :)
Rosario showing Henlie and Franco how the giraffe works.
Franco, Alejandra, Ricardo, Betty, and the accountant :)
Video 1 of Henlie with her giraffe.
Video 2 of Henlie with her giraffe.
Franco and Henlie - little friends :)
Thanks to Ricardo for taking the picture.
This entry was posted
on Wednesday, January 7, 2015
at Wednesday, January 07, 2015
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.











