I don't know what it was about September dates that end in 2, but apparently it was a thing :)
I have a few expat friends here in Peru thanks to church. However, also thanks to church, none of them live near me. (Okay, my friend Christina used to live close-ish, but she and her family decided to up and move back to California. ;)) Anyway, pretty much everyone we know is on the other side of town in La Molina.
Now, please allow me to paint you a picture. From our house to our church in La Molina is about 20 minutes on a Sunday. It is also 8 miles away (I Google Mapped it and then converted the kilometers for you. You're welcome.) To another friend's house in the La Planicie neighborhood of La Molina is about 10 miles. To Rinconada, it is 9 miles. Okay, so we go from 20 minutes on a Saturday to......45 to 60 minutes at any other given time. Welcome to Lima traffic. Fortunately, Andrés drives me and I don't really have to deal with the Lima traffic. Also, my children generally take a nap, so it works out well for me :)
Anyway, since we are moving back to the States in November, I have wanted to hang out with people I consider friends a little more in an effort to make staying in touch easier and less awkward. Well, My friend Holly has three adorable boys, and her second is Henlie's age. They watched Henlie quite a bit after we had Andrew, even letting her spend the night. (That's right, my not-quite-three year old has stayed over at a boys house haha) Anyway, I have not entirely secretly betrothed Henlie and Everett because they're adorable, his family is adorable, and they are such good little friends :) So a play date with them is perfect for both of us! Oh, and her youngest, Beau? Totally could be Andrew's brother. Aside from a difference in complexion, both Holly and I feel they look a lot alike :) It's destiny. haha
Holly with Beau and Andrew.
Totally twinners.
Beaucito - isn't he adorable?
Henlie trying to eat while Everett drives a dump truck on her face haha
They kind of like each other. :)
Cute stories from this day. Everett managed to get his avocado all over himself, and he told us he wasn't a clean boy. He was messy. I made sure Henlie knew what she was getting herself into haha.
Beau trying to see what the big kids were up to. Everett had Henlie's back. Although he managed to get where she was sitting kind of messy with crumbs at one point. He's a good guy, though, and cleaned it up for her so she could sit down. :)
This entry was posted
on Thursday, October 22, 2015
at Thursday, October 22, 2015
and is filed under
Lima,
Peru,
play date
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.






