Black Cat Soirée  

Posted by Amber

Since I had taken Oct. 8th off for the temple groundbreaking, I thought it would be a perfect day to host a little Halloween get-together.  I, of course, procrastinated my food preparations, so I didn't make all of the cute treats I had wanted, but there was plenty anyway :)

For future reference, I think planning a friend get-together early in the month is GENIUS. Much less conflict with family and church functions.  Unfortunately, not many people chose/were able to attend.  Apparently Susan was throwing Joe a surprise birthday party, and since we weren't invited, we didn't know about it.  I wouldn't intentionally schedule a party when most of our friends have another party to go to.... Oh well. 

I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon baking up a storm.  I'm quite pleased with the results :)  Yay for Pinterest! I found all of my treats ideas there.  Also, go me for trying new things!
 The supplies - although not all of them got used :\
 The spread
 Black Cat Cookies and Candy Corn Cupcakes
Halloween-shaped Brownies and more Candy Corn Cupcakes

Shades of Brown was in the recording studio that afternoon, but I really thought/hoped Matt would be home so we could go to the UVU corn maze.  (He wasn't.)  It worked out, though, because I was still furiously baking goodies.  Then I hoped he would get home to help me out with making goodies in time and so I could make sure I was dressed for the party.  (He didn't.)  I did impromptu Taylor Swift as I hadn't found anything too iconically her to dress in, but then I got red food coloring on my pink skirt (thank heavens it was pink!) and had to change into jeans.  I may have forgot to put the apron back on after I had a little break....

Fortunately, some people did show up, and they showed up a little late so I had time to get the table put together :)  JoLyn and Jacob came, as did Emily from band.  Jo and Jacob were exquisitely dressed, but I neglected to take pictures.  Sorry.  We also didn't end up watching any movies, but instead chatted and ate goodies.  It was fun though :)  Thanks to the three of you who came!  Perhaps next year we'll get a better turnout.

(Oh, and for the record, Matt didn't get home until super late.  But the band did record two songs that will be up for purchase on their web site....whenever Mark gets around to making it happen :)  Kudos to Noisebox studios for making the band sound even better!)

This entry was posted on Saturday, November 5, 2011 at Saturday, November 05, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment