I failed to write a thankful post yesterday, so today I will share two things I'm thankful for from yesterday.
Yesterday kind of sucked at work. First, my boss has severely understaffed us this week, and all of the phone centers are bulking up the work because of Thanksgiving at the end of the month. Also, lately my boss and I are not on the same page. For awhile we would come to the same conclusions when other editors would ask questions. Lately, I disagree with her calls a lot. Not that it matters, but I did like feeling like I knew how to answer questions :p
Anyway, one of our Cebu Day editors always sends their shift plan in the morning with a quote. Yesterday's quote was something of a reminder to be happy, which I totally needed :) I'm also grateful for Elise coming in on her day off to help out. We were still swamped, but things got done, even though some of us worked more than we had wanted. Shannon was a huge help as well. And I'm also thankful for Roe, for talking to me and help keeping my spirits up when we're drowning in work. Okay, that's kind of more than two, but that's okay. :)
On days like yesterday, I just have to remember that I'm grateful that I have a job, one that currently has plenty of work for me to get some OT by the end of the week even.
On my way home from work, I was thinking how I was not in a thankful mood and what would I write about? Plus, when I get home late, I don't have time to write a post. And then I was reminded of this that I saw on Pinterest yesterday.
Sharing something I'm thankful for every day in November is a goal of mine. As soon as I was really enjoying it and finding it a good habit, I have a crappy day where it was hard to find anything to be thankful about. I didn't want to write anything. And then I realized that there was opposition in all things and we have to fight through it. This "attitude of gratitude" and spreading that love and joy upsets Satan, so naturally he will fight back. We have to fight harder and never give up. Because in the end, it's worth it :)
This entry was posted
on Wednesday, November 9, 2011
at Wednesday, November 09, 2011
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.

