Pets  

Posted by Amber

I'm so thankful to have our pets.  When I'm home alone, it's not so scary because I'm not really alone. :)  Besides, now with four of them, they force me out of bed in the morning ;)

Cinco and I don't always get along, which makes me sad because I'm a cat person. (Maybe it has something to do with living 6 months in a garage in the winter? hmm...) But he has gotten better about not attacking me always, and even letting me pet him more often now :)  Granted, this is thanks to our getting Mocha.  The cat now has someone else to pick on...

I am also finding myself spending lots more time with Mocha.  Granted, part of that is she demands it, but I also enjoy how excited she is to see us and how she always wants to play.  She feels the need to be involved in everything we do - which is quite different than the cat or the birds.  For not being a dog person, I sure love our little pup.  Yesterday, I was parked in front of our window, and as I pulled out to go to work, there was a little puppy face watching me leave.  She has done this with Matt leaving too.  It's so cute.

Let us not forget our little birdies though, either.  Bethesda is such a silly girl.  In the mornings, before she has been fed, she hops around in that corner to let us know she's ready for new food.  She also sits in her food dish to eat most of the time.  (It's easier to dig through to find the seeds she wants that way.)  It's fun because the food dish is clear, so we can see her inside her dish.  She also gets poofed up (which is normal if a bird is chilly or sleepy), but when she does it, she's this little ball of feathers. lol

Turkleton is a loud mouth.  He loves to hang out with Bethesda all day.  However, he also is getting better at being social with us somewhat too.  He loves it when we take him in the shower.  Granted, that could be because lately he has been molting.  I think the warm water helps break down the casings on the pin feathers, which probably feels a lot better than having them poke him :)  He'll also give kisses, and he will sit and chatter to himself.  He likes to talk to his reflection in the mirror and try to preen it.  He also will bob his head when he's looking in the mirror.  Silly bird :) Today, Matt had eaten an orange, and he had Turk on his hand.  Turk went to town attacking his thumb.  It was funny.  He won't actually try an orange, though.  The pieces are too big and intimidating for him.


I love our furry and feathery babies, and I'm so glad they are a part of our family.  Well, most of the time.  Not so much when the cat throws up on my lambskin rug. (Yeah, that happened :\)  I'm so glad we live in our very own house where we can have them, too.  They keep us company and share their love for us.  It's nice to be needed lol.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 at Tuesday, November 22, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment